help please..SS/SS+ issues

sj230

Hi..I've been lurking on this forum for the last week and I finally decided to join as I have abit of a dilemma on my hands.

Basically, I've been on CD for 3 weeks now and I've lost a reasonable amount of weight. My CDC put me on SS+ as I workout 6 days a week and she felt that SS+ is better for me than SS. Anyway, my weight loss has slowed down over the last few days so for the past two days, I've just been drinking the shakes and soups..however, today I worked out for 1.5 hours at the gym and I was seriously hungry, so when I got back home, I had my 200 calories meal. I am really worried I am going to gain weight after having that meal. Have I done the wrong thing? Should I have just stuck to shakes alone since I switched over to SS for two days?

Thanks for your reply..it was just 200 grams of Quorn mince with 1 mushroom and some salad leaves. I cooked the mince in spices and balsamic vinegar. So basically, no carbs. My weightloss isn't all that amazing to be honest, it's my workout that helps alot more. I've found that lifting and cardio have helped in changing my bodyshape so although I have been my current weight before, I actually have more of a waist and my legs are tonned!

Well done on the body change. If you are very toned I would ignore the scales and use your clothes, your mirror and how you feel to decide if you have reached goal. If you are working out very hard you probably do need the meal. What does your doctor think? I don't lose weight quickly either, and I don't have a toned body so can't blame it on muscle weight lol!

I am not super toned but my legs and arms are almost there now which is great but I do wish I'd lose abit more. My doctor isn't really involved in the diet as my BMI isn't 40+

I would highly recommend working out or atleast just toning even during this diet. It's amazing what you can gain from it.

hi

i love the gym and tend to be there a lot of the time. i did find that i don't loose weight as quick when i go but you do get that toned up look and drop inches faster. i run, use the stair climber, the bike, swim, and i also do 1-2 gym glasses a week - body pump. this is a lot less than i used to do though.

just think.... toned!

hi

i love the gym and tend to be there a lot of the time. i did find that i don't loose weight as quick when i go but you do get that toned up look and drop inches faster. i run, use the stair climber, the bike, swim, and i also do 1-2 gym glasses a week - body pump. this is a lot less than i used to do though.

just think.... toned!

so it is because I work out that I could be losing less weight than I normally would? Your regime seems intense! lol I just have a personal trainer who does cardio and toning with me, she's brilliant though. She's supported me alot during CD.

I'm a gym member although it's a real waste of money because I really can't find the motivation to go, just lots of excuses not to!!
My CDC sees me twice a week ( it stops me thinking I can cheat and restart b4 a weigh in!!) she weighs me each visit but also does my measurements bust, natural waist, belly button, hips, thighs and upper arms. I haven't set myself a weight goal more a dress size one, sounds like if your exercising as much as you are, you really shouldn't focus too much on what the scales are telling you either.... Remember muscle weighs heavier!!

Remember muscle weighs heavier!!

An urban myth I'm afraid. A pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat which weighs exactly the same as a pound of anything else. A pound is a pound is a pound.

However muscle takes up less space as it is denser so people who are significantly packing on the muscle e.g. body builders may have the same physical dimensions as someone else but weigh much heavier due to their dimensions being due to more muscle than fat e.g. a bicep that is 17 inches of muscle versus 17 inches of fat.

Back