Help Please- week 1 only a 3lb loss?!

puddingtoast

well ive just weighed in, sad to say i've only lost 3lbs! I was hoping for at least 5 :( I started at 178, now at 175.2. (12s10, now 12s7). :sigh:

The first 2 days I gained 3lbs which was quite odd, but I've definitiely lost inches. But 3lbs is not the dramatic start i was hoping for, but hey i'll take what i can get. Has anyone else had this slow start??? I only hope i keep up at least 2-3lbs a week, otherwise i may as well forget this diet and do weightwatchers!

Otherwise things are going well, i feel fine, no headaches or anything like that.

Hope you all had a good weekend and start to the week.
Xr

Hi well done on your loss 3 lbs is better 'OFF' than 'ON', do not give up hope on the diet.!

Does you cdc measure you?? you would have lost inches too , so all added's up.!

thanks Shanny, she doesn't measure me so i just have to go on me trying on my 'skinny' jeans. I could get them up a little more, and the muffin top is defintely reducing!

Like you say, i'm going the right direction i.e down!
xr

hey hun, just wanted to say don't be too down, as you say its a loss and 3lbs would be an amazing loss on weight watchers, 3lbs is still a good loss, and i'm sure you'll see a great loss next week:eek:

well ive just weighed in, sad to say i've only lost 3lbs! I was hoping for at least 5 :( I started at 178, now at 175.2. (12s10, now 12s7). :sigh:

The first 2 days I gained 3lbs which was quite odd, but I've definitiely lost inches. But 3lbs is not the dramatic start i was hoping for, but hey i'll take what i can get. Has anyone else had this slow start??? I only hope i keep up at least 2-3lbs a week, otherwise i may as well forget this diet and do weightwatchers!

Otherwise things are going well, i feel fine, no headaches or anything like that.

Hope you all had a good weekend and start to the week.
Xr

make sure you drink plenty of water. strange for you to gain. are you going to the loo the other end? what did your CDC say? do you have much to loose?

But if you put on 3lbs in the first few days, then really you've actually lost 6lb. ;)

I don't know what you did leading in to Cambridge (and I won't ask) but it can take a day or two for the body to show a gain or loss. So the 3lb gain might possibly have been due to that.

Hi, I only lost 4lbs in week 1, and yes its frustrating, but since then I have lost steadily and after 5 and a half weeks its 20lbs, I know its hard when you feel a little cheesed off, but see what next week brings x

thanks guys, i feel better knowing it's not just me! I think my CDC counsellor set my expecations too high as she said i could expect to loose 5lbs the first week.
Re: the lead up, you could be right FBSlimin - i had quite a bit of salty stuff (low carb tho) so maybe that could contribute to the water rentention?
I've got 3 stone to loose (currently 12s7, started 12s10) so a long way to go. So glad i started this, feels like i'm getting in control of my eating and lovely to have a break from food. Was really stressed this week (mother in law drama) and normally i would have run straight to the fridge, so was good to be forced to find another outlet.

thanks for the support guys! i'm so glad i found this site.
x

3 stone is half of what some of us have to lose and it's only natural for the weight to come off slower as we get closer to our goal weight.

I still say that you should see it as a 6lb loss, especially after what you said about leading in to the start.

Just keep it in mind that if you can stick to it 100% a VLCD is the quickest way to lose the weight.

Hey hun, I lost 3lbs in my first week too, but I felt I had lost inches so asked CDC to measure me... 1.5 inches off my waist :D, half an inch off my hips and half an inch off my bust... so it IS worth asking to be measured.

It really can be very encouraging when you don't see the loss you had hoped for if you find you have lost inches. In my view, 'tis the inches that count more than the weight anyway - for me, getting into a size 10 dress easily is more important than weighing 10st- if you get my drift.

Also, you are much closer to your goal weight than some people are - if you were obese, maybe had 10st to lose then maybe 3lbs would be disappointing, but you are only in the middle of the "overweight" category, so your body doesn't have as much to lose - therefore it will let it go more slowly.

When we don't lose so much one week, we will often find that we lose more the following week - it all averages out in the end. That's the great thing about CD.

3lbs is still a good loss and if you feel better for it, that's the main thing.

Keep lookin' on the bright side xx

Thanks wannabeslim, that does make sense - i peeked at the scales again and i've lost another 3lbs already so i feel good about that :)

Back