Help please...

I have tried CD before and I feel that after 4 weeks I tend to give up, now I think why am I giving up, maybe I find that I need to move to LL as I will get group meetings .
Can anyone advise me if they think I am making the right move ?
and also is there anyone who feels like I do ?
thanks

Me too - meetings & CBT were decisive factor in making the LL decision.

BUT - YOU still need to put the effort in & stick to the plan!

Sean , Thank you .
How long did the group meetings last and did you find that the meetings help you feel strong for the week ahead . I know on CD when I felt weak say on week 4 that I didn't get the help I needed on CD thats is why I feel I need t move to LL

Weekly meetings ~90 minutes but that includes time for weigh-in & collect packs etc.

General discussion in group I found most motivating & looked forward to the weekly meetings. CBT/TA was also good when we did it. I can't imagine that I'd have stayed with the plan as long without the regular group support TBH.

Sean

you have had some big losses there and you have lost weight very fast , now was it as easy as it looked :)
Well I think I can only give this a try now , as i'm losing faith in myself and I am giving this a last go .
How many in a group ? and did you talk openly or one to one ?

BL
thank you! I have an intro thursday , tell me how did you find that it helped you LL?
Btw you look lovely !

Thank you. :)

It was the counseling more then the group I think. You are at last looking at food and your relationship with it and why you eat the way you do.

It was very helpful and made me see things a bit more clearly.

Like any counseling, you get out of it what you put in to it....so its not a magic wand, but for me, it was what I needed. Made me face a lot of demons that I know were blocking me from feeling worthy of sucessfully reaching my goal. Changed my life it did. :)

Hope that helps.

x

Thanks for the comments, up to 12 in a Group (depends on LLC I think - our Men's group has fluctuated between 10 & 2 ), all discussions in an open format, always something that comes up from others that you can recognise in yourself.

Most definitely!!!
Group meetings make ALL the difference!!!

I find the group sessions invaluable. WW, SW and RC are good if you only need to lose weight but not if you need to explore why you eat the way you do.

I find the CBT/TA brilliant at addressing your issues and giving you the tools to manage you eating habits in the future!

Highly recommend it!

Kat xx

Kat xx

Thank you All
Well , i'm glad I have chosen LL I think its a step in the right direction .
Also seeing others losing weight and hearing they are facing the same things as myself will also help too .
I will Let you know on thursday what happens from there , once again thanks so much !

Good luck with Thursday G. I'm sure everything will go fine.

I love my group so much and we are all such good friends now. We did the race for life last month and had a Summer Ball at the weekend. We are now going to plan weekly/monthly events for all past and present LL clients e.g going bowling, nights out, theatre trips etc. It will be so good especially for people in abstinence as they will be able to go out with other people on abstinence and not feel left out.

I hope it is the one for you and wish you every success x x

thanks Becks and all

well had my intro , she put a dvd on for 20 mins , then asked us if there were any Q ... this woman asked 3 and that was that ... I found her hard work the LL woman , I had an intro 2 years ago and found it very interesting , all the product were on show and so different I'm now think can I do 14 weeks with her , also Q ok ? if you had any probs say you had to finsh before the 14 weeks what happens as they want you to sign up for 14 week

You pay for one week at a time and you can stop whenever you want to. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend LL to anyone. I have lost 6 stone since mid-march. I can't believe I could have done it any other way. The support and encouragement I have had at the meetings has been great! Also the counselling has been useful too.

Anders

That is a fast weight loss in such a short time , your a new person now and yes thanks to LL
The woman at LL said you have to sign up for 14 weeks , is this the correct info ?

HI
i believe that some counsellors do make you sign up for that long, that is possibly to make sure that you are committed and most importantly to get your money.

There are lots of positives from the people that have posted, however, there are lots of negatives and people that have failed on this diet (including myself)

Be careful in making this choice, it is very very expensive and because it is fast weight loss does not necessarily mean that it will be any more successful than cambridge!!

I am only trying to give you the other side of this diet so please explore websites and other views before you make this expensive decision

Rosie x

Back