help please

chelly42

I have been doing ok for the last 8 weeks, but now due to loads of stress have spent the last week and a half trying to keep on track but am failing , just ate half a bag of kettle chips, half a snickers and a pasta ready meal.
I am getting disheartened as many in my group are having big losses each week, and even when i try really hard and follow the plan 100% i only lose a little..
i feel like giving up the group.:cry:

Aww hun, don't give up! It must be very disheartening not to be losing as quick as you want to, especially when you are trying your best.

Have you been keeping a diary? Always good if you are struggling to get your consultant to have a look.

Also have you tried a different plan? Diff plans work for different people. Maybe you need a change?

You will get there, don't give up. It maybe just a simple change needed to speed things up x:rainbow:

Oh sweetie!

DON'T GIVE UP!!! ((((HUGS))))

Do you plan your meals? If not perhaps try sitting down one evening and plan your meals for the week ahead, I find this really helps me focus and i make sure i have a very varied and delicious week ahead. Also try looking for some low syn treats and look if there are any superspeed foods you could add in everyday to see if that helps or maybe try drinking some more water or upping exercise a little. You may find that these help you feel healthier and not just to lose weight!

I've only been back on plan for a month and have been yo-yoing on and off since having my son in March 09 (for many reasons) but at the moment am feeling really focused and definatley notcing my weight and inch loss along with a better state of mind too!

We all feel like this from time to time and sometimes it's just a little tweak here and there that we need to make all the difference! xx

Don`t loose faith hunny .... maybe start a diary on here and write down everything ? There may be the odd thing that can be tweaked or changed that you don`t know about.

I have had a lot of stress lately so i know where you`re coming from, and believe it or not the first time i did SW i gained 4 lbs over 4 weeks and ended up quiting. .... this time round i feel more ready for it and i`m loosing quite well ... But if you have a lot of stress the last thing you need is to be putting yourself under more pressure.

Give yourself a break, draw a line under what you`ve eaten, and get back on track tomorrow x

really DON'T give up. I have been there and got the t-shirt honest. Lost 2 stones on probably 4 or even 5 occasions and then stopped going to class and stopped watching what I was eating and regained 2 stones a lot quicker than I lost it.

YOU CAN DO IT and even if it takes you a bit longer you will eventually get there - take heart, don't worry about how quickly the others get there, be yourself, take it easy, relax a bit.

GOOD LUCK.

Gilly x

Ok lets get this in perspective. Half bag of kettle crisps, half a snickers & pasta ready meal isn't going to ruin everything.

So what we have identified here is when under stress you reach for comfort foods & sweet things.

So instead of kettle crisps make yourself some SW chips; incorporate chocolate into your weekly syn allowance (weekly may work out better if you have 'stress free' days & don't need any syns).

As for the pasta meal, there are quite a few which are syn free.

If you're not a big meat eater you may find having green days when under stress as you don't need to have 1/3 plate super free foods & you can also have 2 hexb, so you could have 4 alpen light bars in a day which would help towards your sweet fix.

Let us know how you are getting on, we are all here to help each other:D

Don't stop going to class, if you stop going it will be too easy to just stop doing SW altogether. Some people can do it on their own, but it looks like you need it. Just remember that small losses are still losses. Some people never have big losses no matter what they try, but as long as the weight IS coming off, then that's a good thing. The slower it comes off, the easier it is to keep it off.

I would keep a diary and see if there's a pattern, I find my losses slow down when I eat the same foods all the time, so having a wider variety of meals could help. Do you exercise?

The first thing is to look at how well you have done so far, not only at the 10lbs you've lost but think about where you moght have been if you'd continued the way you were before, you might have even gained 10 lbs so really that is 20lbs you can pop in your pocket.

Secondly, compare yourself to no one but yourself. Everyone's body will act differently, you don't say how overweight the people with the brilliant losses are, as a rule the more you have to lose the bigger the losses will be. This week at group a girl that has lost 5 stones was disheartened because instead the 4lbs a week she had been losing in the past have recently dropped to 1.5lb a week losses, but she has done amazingly well! In fact national governments guidelines say that 1-2 lbs a week is healthy.

Thirdly how is giving up going to make you feel better? Even if you lose 0.5lbs a week you'll be at target way before the 2012 Olympics arrive in London, and when you think about it that's not that far away is it? If you give up and console yourself in food where will you be?

Everyone has a blip now and them, best thing is to say to yourself 'now that was a nice flexi-syns day, now where's my notepad and sw books' and plan your next few days food out. You're going to make it as long as you believe you can, it might not be as soon as you'd like but that's okay.

**hugs**
Cobweb xx

I just want to echo what everyone else has said, don't stop going to the classes because you will regret it :(

I like many of us have lost and regained the same 3 stone for ten years....my weight gains always start with me thinking 'what's the point' then 7lbs turns into a stone etc etc... you want to change because you are here, I found the food diary really helped me, I can look back over what I did well and aim to repeat it... Just draw a line under this episode and start a fresh, small losses will make all the difference, a friend of mine lost 4 stone and she was losing at a sensible rate of 1/2lbs per week. Which is a bit of a downer when you work hard but you will get there, then you will be celebrating a stone and you are on your way!

Losing weight is hard, but then being overweight is hard as well when we think about it :(

Thankyou all so much for your support and great ideas, have had a pretty bad weekend too, chocolate, mince pies and cream, indian nibbles...... new start again tomorrow..... am under lot of stress and didnt realise how much i turn to food for comfort, until now,thought i was stronger

Back