HELP PLEASE!!!

Lozz

Ready For Change!
Hello LighterLife Lite!! :bliss:

I'm Lozz a LighterLife total member, i've been on the plan for 9 weeks and lost 2Stone 10lb, the last couple of weeks i've had really small losses as I am really missing food, and lapsing all of the time!

I've been thinking of moving to Lite for a while now and just wanted some general info...

How does it work?
How many packs?
What can you eat?
Do have a choice when to have your meal? (lunch time, evening etc)
What do you loose each week on average?

:thankyou:Thank you all in advance!:thankyou:

I hope the LLL community is as welcoming as Total! ;)

Hi Lozz,
Have you seen Mags posts about switching to LLL?
:confused:

Hey Lozz :)

It's 3 foodpacks per day and a small meal containing a small portion of protein (most kinds within 150g-300g weights or 2 eggs, depending on what it is), a cereal bowl's worth of vegetables (non-starchy, there's a list inside a book!) and some salad. There is also an allowance for dairy (200ml of skim. milk or some cheese etc.), a little bit of fat (i.e. some oil for cooking etc).

Your meal can be at any time of day - you can have a nice breakfast or lunch or dinner, but you should keep it to ONE time of day - so no vegeteable snacks or anything like that.

Again, the losses are an individual thing, our bodies are not machines. As long as the calorie count for the meal is kept quite minimal (so I suggest smaller portions than those recommeded in the book) - around 800 calories per day (including packs and milk etc.) then the losses should be very similar to the Total plan. The principle is the same - ketosis. The losses are between 2lbs-4lbs depending on the person. The closer your BMI to 25 the lower they will be because it requires less energy for your body to move and perform any activity! :)

It does feel easier than Total in some ways. But you need to be strong and resist nibbling... That's a tough lesson to learn. :) Still, I believe Lite is a great way to start the weight 'maintenance' journey as it teaches much more about food than complete abstinence. At least, it did to me. Portion control, minimising damage, healthy foods, experimentation with cooking techniques, lessening dependence on snacks...

I think the best thing about Lite is that I don't feel antisocial. I can still enjoy a nice time and not feel awkward at dinner time with my partner. I don't have to be a hermit about meals with friends/family - and keeping within boundaries of my diet isn't hard because I don't allow the 'other' foods be a problem. There will be a time and place for them - they're not going to run away. I'm just happy I don't feel deprived and that I don't have to feel like a freak eating a powder based shake. I guess for me, it makes it feel less stressful.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Heya Lozz,

Oh my-your loss on Total is brilliant! Clever thing!

Well, Minerva has it spot on on how LLL works. This is the first time on lighterlife for me ever so I can't say whether Total or Lite better but if they both keep you in ketosis I reckon you should buy the lite recipe book, and try Lite for 2 weeks and if you hate it or it's not right go back to Total? Not sure if your LLC would be cool with that but it's your journey so you've got to see what fits best for you now.

I have had good losses and not calorie counted, just weighed portions as per book and had porridge/soup/meal/bar or shake since starting. The weekly losses are at bottom. (excuse week 5-bad week)!

So if you think having that meal might help you feel more positive instead of like you've cheated I reckon you should set a 2 weeks aside and jump on in. You won't put on, so even if it's slower loss you won't end up fat... If you see what I mean x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you for the help!

Bump to the top for Claire xx

Back