help please

jamespotter

Hi all..

Im looking for support, advise or any infomation what can help me...

Im putting so much weight on i just cant stop! I used to be in a physical job bit moved to a desk job which hasnt helped and my own determination is so poor!. I refuse to get on the scales as im so worried about the outcome. The last time i checked i put 3 stone on! All my clothes are getting tight and i just sulk about it and then turn to the fridge. I really do try but fall at the 1st hurdle. Ive now got a dog which i walk twice a day but i know its not enough. Id love to be back to my previous state of body but im not getting there. I know theres no quick fix but i would love to see some kind of improvement. It really puts me in a low mood and this seems like im sulking on a blog now.. any advise would help... has anyone been in this kind of situation?

Thanks for your time

Hi JP,

I think there are a lot of us that have been in that position. It just sneaks on, but on the bright side you have realised and aknowledged there is a problem

The problem is that there is no magic cure. When you are in the right frame of mind dieting and exercising is easy. When you are not in the right frame of mind it's almost impossible.

Ther trick is to be able to get yourself into the right mindset....not easy!

I'm sorry if what I am about to say sounds harsh, but it's just tough love :) Here goes...

You are responsible for the state you have allowed yourself to get into. You are the only person who can change it. It won't happen on it's own. You have to get off your arse and do something about it, and the longer you leave it the harder it will be. Do it today!

Don't wait or put it off until next week or after Christmas or whatever. The sooner you start the sooner you will start to get to where you want to be and start to feel better about yourself.

Walking the dog is a step in the right direction, but do you need to do more. Only you know.

I had a moment a bit like you where I just went "Enough is enough", and then I looked online and signed up to Slimming World straight away. I have since had good days and bad days but I'm 23lb lighter then I was 5 months ago, and going in the right direction.

On my bad days where I tempted to raid the fridge I come on here and ask someone to stop me, or I read people's sucess stories and look at the amazing before and after pictures and it helps me to stay strong and step away from the cake. It's a great resouce.

You know what you have to do. Only you can take the first step and do it!

Good luck x

Back