HELP PLEASE

GTM817

I am supposed to see my CDC tonight but she told me this afternoon that she won't be around now and can't see me until tomorrow night. Which means I am out of CD packs for tomorrow and I haven't been doing it long enough to have accumulated spares.

Anyone got any ideas of what I should do.....???
Should I just drink water all day - not sure I can cope with that.

Thank you!

can u not call her and tell her u wont have enough packs, if not i think ull just have to drink water ashley xx

Did you call her? I agree with Dancing CDC's have to be so considerate as this is someone's only source of nutrition. Have some chicken if you really need something, but also remember some people have all their pack's in the evening so you may manage OK.

Do you have any other local CDC's? You would have to re fill out the form, but at least it would mean you would have your necessary pack's.

Yes, things come up in CDC's lives but you still have to think about your customers. I remember when my little one had chicken pox I let all my customers know & a two literally had their packs left on my doorstep (as their cars pulled up) & they posted their money through the letterbox! Then we waved through the window...one had a young baby & was going on holiday & the other is a nurse working in the early baby unit.
Also last year when I was pregnant I got all my customers to give me a cheque for a weeks supply about a month before I was due (I then kept the cheque until the week I gave birth so they were not paying in advance) & each week I wrote everyones phone numbers by their name in my diary so my OH could contact anyone if necessary to cancel, but they already had their packs in hand. As it turned out I saw people the night I went into the hospital & the evening after I came out, so only a few people were cancelled!

Nicky

My CDC went away for Easter apparently so there is nothing I can do. Thanks for being so supportive - I will see how I go and if I have to eat will do as you suggest and have a little protein.

I think it's disgusting she only let you know today. Hope you are ok tomorrow xx

I hear stories like this and I thank god for my wonderful Maureen!
I think at this point all you can do is try and get to the evening and have your packs in the evening.The other option would be to have a AAM day which is not going to drop you out of ketosis.
When she comes tomorrow I would definately buy a few extra and maybe look at finding another CDC.This sort of thing is unacceptable.Surely she has been on the diet herself and should know how upsetting this is.

hope you get through ok. I dont usually have my first shake untill luch time I have survived before untill 3/4pm so you should be ok. Your cdc should be more concerned about her clients. These threads annoy me too

I agree with the others- the way she has treated you is not acceptable. As a (hopefully) potential CDC in the making i cant understand how people can seemingly 'forget' their clients on a plan like this. If it was something that was commercially available in supermarkets etc I would understand, or if there was an alternative to the packs... but when you are on SS you NEED those packs come hell or high water, and we all know that if you stop for a day or 2 it can be impossible to restart, so its vital we have a regular supply to our packs! I really think this CDC has crossed a line here- even if she has gone away, she could have looked in her diary, seen you were due for more supplies, and let you know in advance so you weren't left in the lurch- its not exactly a big ask really!! So hun I agree with the others, sounds like you could do with a CDC who is actually bothered about your success and so maybe you should switch (if possible) to another??

So sorry to hear you have this issue, none of us should have to deal with pants CDCs who are disorganised and uninterested! xxx

Would Slimfast do for a day, or is it too full of carb's? Is there another CDC living nearby who could help you out today? Might be worth transferring if there is!

Hi, Not sure if you've got it sorted by now, if not, the slimfast suggestion is pretty good, but slimfast will take you out of ketosis. Tesco sell similar shakes to slimfast called Carb control and those will keep you in ketosis and add about the right calories, along with a low carb bar such as atkins this will keep you right calories wise and low carb will keep you in ketosis.

Wouldn't suggest it for more than a day as they won't provide the vits and minerals longer term but the protein will be about right.

Think if poss another CDC looks a good idea or if you can just buy a spare week for variety.

Thank you everyone for all your great advice. Am going to go to Tesco and buy some slim fast or something similar. And think I will buy some extra packs just in case!!! Phew - what a nightmare!

Careful with Slimfast...I'm not sure about this a CDC will come along ...but I have a feeling it is a real no no and a small piece of chicken would be better

What a nightmare for you.
If it was me I would change CDC. As for today if you can't find anything acceptable at tesco I would have a boiled egg or chicken, something with no carbs X

No problem, haven't gone yet. I will buy some chicken to nibble on - nicer than a slimfast shake anyway I am sure!

I agree that having an AAM day would be your best bet. Chicken and green veg.

Tesco's do a carb control shake, which is nutritionally very similar to CD but, it is absolutely VILE. I bought two a while ago to try, and I took one small mouthful and had to spit it out . It is completely inedible:eek::D In fact I opened the second one a few days later to try just in case I had a bad one, but nope, still vomit inducing:D

ditto Dinosaur....I tried the low carb shakes from Tesco's when I was preparing to start CD......absolutely horrendous:strikeout_button::strikeout_button::strikeout_button:
X

Whereabouts are you GTM? Perhaps if one of us live locally we could loan you a couple of sachets until you get your supplies from your CDC.

Did you call her? I agree with Dancing CDC's have to be so considerate as this is someone's only source of nutrition. Have some chicken if you really need something, but also remember some people have all their pack's in the evening so you may manage OK.

Do you have any other local CDC's? You would have to re fill out the form, but at least it would mean you would have your necessary pack's.

Yes, things come up in CDC's lives but you still have to think about your customers. I remember when my little one had chicken pox I let all my customers know & a two literally had their packs left on my doorstep (as their cars pulled up) & they posted their money through the letterbox! Then we waved through the window...one had a young baby & was going on holiday & the other is a nurse working in the early baby unit.
Also last year when I was pregnant I got all my customers to give me a cheque for a weeks supply about a month before I was due (I then kept the cheque until the week I gave birth so they were not paying in advance) & each week I wrote everyones phone numbers by their name in my diary so my OH could contact anyone if necessary to cancel, but they already had their packs in hand. As it turned out I saw people the night I went into the hospital & the evening after I came out, so only a few people were cancelled!

Nicky

I had to laugh at myself today. Having posted this yesterday there was a major traffic problem in Swindon today which meant I was 25 mins late home from work (would have been more but I took some sneeky routes) & missed my customer! I did e-mail her before I left work to say I hoped to make it & I hoped she picked the message up, then I called as soon as I got in & arranged to see her tomorrow. As it happened I knew she would have spares & if she did not I would have dropped them to her house tonight!

Anyway - I am going to get a bag sized phone book & put all my customers in it...so lesson learnt for me!!!

Nicky

Back