Help please

banana

Hi all, new here.

Right, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.

Basically, I'm 15, I'm about 5'6, and I weigh 11 stone. I know I'm not huge or anything, but I wanted to be thinner anyway. So I started generally being healthier.

I've always been skeptical of fad diets and stuff like that, I don't really need someone else telling me how to eat, I know how to eat healthily, I just chose not to(until recently.) So basically I started running a few times a week, no real schedule or anything, but I run 2-4 times a week, often for 2 hours, sometimes for just 20 minutes. I also started trampolining a lot recently. I've been eating more than 5 a day. I usually eat 2-3 apples, 2 bananas, and I eat fairly healthy meals which usually contain plenty of fruit and vegetables. I usually have stuff like pasta(no cheese or anything, just plain tomato sauce and chilli and herbs), salad, fish, the usual stuff. Occasionally my mum makes fairly unhealthy stuff, but I just eat it, I don't really want to tell them all I'm trying to lose weight. I drink around 8 glasses of water a day, sometimes more, I never have butter in sandwiches, I always use brown or wholemeal bread. I haven't eaten anything really unhealthy in a while.

Anyway, I've completely changed my life, and cut out everything I enjoy(relaxing, eating junk food, caffeine, watching TV all day) but I don't seem to be getting anything in return. I've actually GAINED weight these past 2 weeks or so. Not a major gain, only about 2-3 lbs, but I thought I would have lost at least 4-5lbs by now. I know scales aren't always the best way of measuring, because I have grown a lot lately it's fair enough I should be a bit heavier, but I still look the same, and my clothes aren't any looser or anything. It's annoying to see my friends NEVER exercising, eating whatever they want all day, and being really skinny.

Anyway, I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I know it's my fault I was overweight in the first place, but, what I would like to know is why the hell I'm not losing weight?! I don't want to be put on a diet plan or anything, as I said earlier, I don't think it's necessary, I know exactly what is and isn't healthy.

Hi all, new here.

Right, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in.

Basically, I'm 15, I'm about 5'6, and I weigh 11 stone. I know I'm not huge or anything, but I wanted to be thinner anyway. So I started generally being healthier.

I've always been skeptical of fad diets and stuff like that, I don't really need someone else telling me how to eat, I know how to eat healthily, I just chose not to(until recently.) So basically I started running a few times a week, no real schedule or anything, but I run 2-4 times a week, often for 2 hours, sometimes for just 20 minutes. I also started trampolining a lot recently. I've been eating more than 5 a day. I usually eat 2-3 apples, 2 bananas, and I eat fairly healthy meals which usually contain plenty of fruit and vegetables. I usually have stuff like pasta(no cheese or anything, just plain tomato sauce and chilli and herbs), salad, fish, the usual stuff. Occasionally my mum makes fairly unhealthy stuff, but I just eat it, I don't really want to tell them all I'm trying to lose weight. I drink around 8 glasses of water a day, sometimes more, I never have butter in sandwiches, I always use brown or wholemeal bread. I haven't eaten anything really unhealthy in a while.

Anyway, I've completely changed my life, and cut out everything I enjoy(relaxing, eating junk food, caffeine, watching TV all day) but I don't seem to be getting anything in return. I've actually GAINED weight these past 2 weeks or so. Not a major gain, only about 2-3 lbs, but I thought I would have lost at least 4-5lbs by now. I know scales aren't always the best way of measuring, because I have grown a lot lately it's fair enough I should be a bit heavier, but I still look the same, and my clothes aren't any looser or anything. It's annoying to see my friends NEVER exercising, eating whatever they want all day, and being really skinny.

Anyway, I'm not looking for sympathy or anything, I know it's my fault I was overweight in the first place, but, what I would like to know is why the hell I'm not losing weight?! I don't want to be put on a diet plan or anything, as I said earlier, I don't think it's necessary, I know exactly what is and isn't healthy.

Hey there... would 11 stone for 5'6 not be normal enough???

Gen x

but I don't seem to be getting anything in return.

I reckon you are getting a lot in return. Yeah...I know the scales are being stoopid, but you are eating healthily and exercising. You are doing what we all should have done when we were your age.:eek:

It's not all about the scales. It's about looking after yourself, eating well and raising your self esteem.

The gain on the scales could be for all sorts of reasons. Bin them, and enjoy your life knowing that if you can eat well and exercise, you'll never need to be part of the dieting community.

Very best of luck :)

Could it be youre not eating enough?? I know it sounds mad but if youre not eating enough and/or exercising a lot that can really screw up the results on the scales

scales are stupid.... do you FEEL healthier???
don't obsess about a couple of pounds, concentrate on being healthy.
you're doing really well by the sounds of it. :)

11stone for 5ft 6 is around normal, but we all feel different, if you think you would like to be slimmer...go for it...:D

if your running 2-4 times a week...and definaletly trampolining....you will be putting muscle on..that does weigh heavier

if you are gonna stick to the scales method...get some that measure body fat and body water also.

and keep at it...rome wasnt built in a day ;)

Back