Help Please!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kirstyh9672, 5 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, I am on my second day of SW and finding it good so far! Can anyone help me with the following though....
    I am looking for a nice SW meal that I can cook for myself AND my boyfriend at the weekend? Pre-SW we used to always have a takeaway at the weekend, so I am changing my ways and going to prepare a lovely meal for us both. Red and green ideas both welcome! xx:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StephCracknell

StephCracknell Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.2%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro points
    Not sure what types of foods you like, but one meal I can always make for hubby and I is a nice steak with grilled tomatoes or salad, and sw chips (I use my 2 HE B's here). It feels naughty but isn't.

xx

4. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This month mag came with a curry cookbook which I have. If you fancy making a curry, I can give you some recpies. I also like making steak or a mixed grill is a good one on a red day.

5. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    OOOh he will love steak and chips! I did not know you could have that (guess I need to keep reading my books) Thank you very much xx

p.s I bought the magazine on Wednesday but I let my friend have the free curry book so she could photocopy it, once I have it back I will definitely try out the recipes on my other half!

6. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Obviously its SW chips, ie sprayed with fry light, or you can use McCains rustic chips which are low syn. (Sorry, dont know offhand the exact amount of syns)

7. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I plan to make SW chips (as I have not tried these yet) but what portion should I give myself?

8. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Give yourself as much as you like!! It's only the steak that you will need to restrict as it will be your HEX B.

9. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st4lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(27.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    the curries are great, me and my husband have one every sunday. I only do green days being veggie.

Quorn Chilli Pasta Bake
    Syn Free on Green if using cheese as a healthy extra

Ingredients

227g wholewheat pasta
    100g quorn
    1 onion
    garlic
    Red/yellow/green peppers (I'm a lazy person and use the pre chopped frozen ones from tesco)
    courgette
    mushrooms
    1 carton tomato passatta (seived tomato) - it's better if you use the garlic and herb kind
    1 tin of chopped tomatoes
    chilli to taste

Method

1. fry the onion and garlic in frylight until soft, add in quorn, peppers, mushrooms, courgette and chilli (if using frozen peppers, let the water boil off a bit) cook the pasta as instructed on the packet

2. add in the tomato passata and tin of chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes, add the cooked pasta and mix well

3. put the mix into an ovenproof dish and top with the grated cheese. Bake in a warm oven until the cheese has melted

This is really lovely if you make up the pasta mix a day early and leave the flavours to settle.

10. flipflop

flipflop Just follow the plan

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st3lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(12.89%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suppose you could make up the sauce to that and freeze it, ready for a quick meal another day.

11. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    McCains rustic oven chips are 10 syns for the whole bag, or 1 syn per 100g uncooked weight which makes it easier to find the syn value when not eating the whole thing

12. MrsAH

MrsAH Full Member

Hi, thanks for the recipe, sounds great. Grat tip as well! I often make enough dinner (spag bol, chilli, bean lasagna etc) for two nights and find that it always tastes better the next day!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.