Help please???

Melsy

Hello,

I've just been invited to eat in a Thai restaurant on Friday night, can anyone help me with how to stick to the plan and still go to the restaurant, Thai restaurants aren't in the food optimising book.

I'd really appreciate your advices, it's my first week.
Thanks xx

I have just been reading about this in the online guide.

You should look at what you'd normally have, then work out if green or red plans would suit you better on that day.

Then plan your day, maybe use the Healthy extras to offset meat in a curry or something.

Steer away from the coconut milk and try something lighter.

Also, use the flexible points, work out how many you'd normally go over and try to stick within that for drinks etc and keep as low as possible.

Good luck! it's tricky I haven't been in the situation yet but sure i will soon enough.

Sure some more experienced ones will be able to give you better advice on the subject!??

I'm not hot on thai food but if they do any dishes in a tomato based sauce they are always a good bet

I would say that their soups would be good, well the ones that don't have coconut milk in them, as they're essentially just vegetables, meat, herbs and a bit of stock. I can't remember the proper name of the soup now!

Pad Thai would be really good if you like noodles, as it's just noodles (either egg noodles, or rice noodles) cooked in egg with beansprouts, some veg and whatever meat you choose.

There are also options like chicken and cashew nut which should be fairly low in sins with some boiled rice.

Generally thai food is really healthy, the only bad ingredient they use is coconut milk. I lost about 2 stone when I travelled in thailand without even trying as the food is so healthy.

Thanks everyone, I guess I'm lucky because I don't like coconuts at all, so I would steer away from them. I'm going to have soup and a veg noodle dish. Sounds like it my not have to impact on my diet quiet so much!

Excellent,
Mel

Back