HELP - SCARED OF PLANE TAKE-OFF

How did you get on? Hope the flight was not toooooo eventful.

We got back from the Dom Rep.....after a 51hr delay. My brother like I mentioned previously is a very nervous flyer. After two broken planes and various other delays and problems I didn't think we'd get him on, but a couple of glasses of wine later we did manage to get him onboard. I'm soooo proud of him because the fear was so clear to see and at 6ft 2inches its embarrassing for a man to admit his fears, but he didn't let it stop him. To finally get on the plane and then be sat on the tarmac for almost 3hrs whilst an individual from each family got off and identifed their luggage (to make sure no unidentified luggage was on) topped the flight off perfectly for him:eek:, but he did it. Guys it can be done.

I hope your trip was not as eventful as ours, but even if it was if you overcame it then you will realise there is nothing you cannot acheive.

HI, I'M BACK!!!!
Thanks to Slushy, Shazpaz & everyone who gave advice & suggestions to get over my fear of take-off.:character00255:

It was reported that a strange woman was seen in Gatwick airport doing strange repetitive actions - that was me, tapping.:p

I was strangely calm as i waited to board the flight and still calm whilst boarding which i found weird. :cool:

When the engines started i was a little apprehensive but there were no tears like the last time. Once the plane started to take off i closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears. IT WAS GREAT!!! No dizzinines or panic attack. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF:superwoman:.

I managed to enjoy my holiday as i wasnt afraid of the return flight. My husband coulnt believe that i managed the flight on my own and was duly impressed when we flew home this week at how i handles the situation.:happy036:

I can honestly say that i am no longer afraid of take-off although its still not one of my favourite things but i now know i can fly alone without the hysterics.

THANK YOU ALL, xx:bliss:

Well done - it's nice to see how helpful MM members are - and that it also worked for you.

So you wouldn't want to go up in a microlight with my OH now then??!!!!!!!!

HI, I'M BACK!!!!
Thanks to Slushy, Shazpaz & everyone who gave advice & suggestions to get over my fear of take-off.:character00255:

It was reported that a strange woman was seen in Gatwick airport doing strange repetitive actions - that was me, tapping.:p

I was strangely calm as i waited to board the flight and still calm whilst boarding which i found weird. :cool:

When the engines started i was a little apprehensive but there were no tears like the last time. Once the plane started to take off i closed my eyes and put my fingers in my ears. IT WAS GREAT!!! No dizzinines or panic attack. I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF:superwoman:.

I managed to enjoy my holiday as i wasnt afraid of the return flight. My husband coulnt believe that i managed the flight on my own and was duly impressed when we flew home this week at how i handles the situation.:happy036:

I can honestly say that i am no longer afraid of take-off although its still not one of my favourite things but i now know i can fly alone without the hysterics.

THANK YOU ALL, xx:bliss:

Fantastic news!!!! I remember a while ago when you were posting and you were so anxious about it all. Massive pat on the back for you girl!!!!

:happy096:

Lacey..xx :)

Back