Help slimming world disappointment

Slowhand

Think I need help.Joinedbslimming world 3 weeks ago and it's just not working for me.Have been doing the easy plan sticking to it and just not losing.

First week eat so much more than usually do was told me dairy was very good didn't lose anything.

Second week lost 1.5pm was disappointed but it was a loss.

Today was third week and again I stayed the same,it does seem pointless going.

Any ideas

I am new to SW myself but my best advice is to keep going at it! I have joined SW twice once in 2007 after i had my eldest son and only lasted a week as i never lost anything and then i joined back in may and lost 5 1/2lbs and gave up again as the class was a bit of a distance away. I sometimes think your first week can be bad, if your like me and maybe have a few too many treats because you are starting your diet? Maybe thats why you didn't lose. Keep going though, people on here are great for support and i can see SW works by looking at others profiles. xxx

I meant to say that your 1 1/2 lb loss is good! You may have a good loss this week. xxx

First week eat so much more than usually do

If you're eating more than usual -are you eating until you feel stuffed? Remember SW says to eat to satisfy your appetite and not until you feel stuffed. If you're anything like me it can take a while to tell the difference :eek:.
Sometimes it just takes a few weeks for our bodies to 'get it' and start letting go of the fat- stick with it and it will work!!

How much do you have to lose?
If your consultant says your diary is good then it will be :) Try to eat more superfree with your meals and if you have any snacks, then try to make them superfree.
Are you weighing and measuring all that you need to?

Hope this helps a little, I know you are despondent but stick with it, it will work.

Have you tried doing red and green days as they may work better for you. I know some people that just don't agree with EE.

I must admit, I never got to grips with EE and always do Original and Green (predominantly Original days). I would suggest sticking with the EE for a couple more weeks because other members at my group have reported that sometimes it takes a while to get going. If that doesn't work, maybe give original and green a try? Either way, don't give up...1.5 lbs is a good start and SW works, I promise.

Debs xx

I'd just like to echo what Azlan said - it can be a bit confusing or contradictory when you're told you can eat as much 'free' food as you like but then find that you're not losing - possibly because you're eating too much! I know SW don't work on the calorie count but as everything you put in your mouth contains these little blighters, we do have to be mindful of what we choose for mid-meal snacks + serving sizes of meals. I never go hungry at mealtimes but was surprised to find I didn't actually need the sort of sizes that I'd previously dished up for myself - if I served it up, I'd eat it instead of thinking I could always top-up if necessary!

It will depend on what you were eating before you joined too, if you were crash dieting or eating anything odd then it takes a while to adjust. I have lost 4 stone in six months on EE. It does work, but it is slow. I often lose 1/2 a lb but other weeks I might lose 2lbs and over the months they add up. I don't know how much you have to lose, but it's an easy to stick to plan and it's a very non-faddy "normal way of eating". I would advise not worrying too much about the losses and focus on learning how to eat properly (which is what this will teach you). A happy side effect is that you will lose weight.

Go back to basics and measure your 1/3 superfree, re read the book so you're sure what is superfree, I thought peas were, and my sister thought sweetcorn and parsnips were SF and my niece thought quorn and eggs were SF so re read the books.

Go back to basics and measure your 1/3 superfree, re read the book so you're sure what is superfree, I thought peas were, and my sister thought sweetcorn and parsnips were SF and my niece thought quorn and eggs were SF so re read the books.

I totally agreee with all of this! My hubby thought peas and baked beans were superfree.....read the books and then re-read the books and then read them again.

I totally agreee with all of this! My hubby thought peas and baked beans were superfree.....read the books and then re-read the books and then read them again.

I would just like to add my support to that statement too.

Read the book. Like properly read it. Almost until you can recite it word for word.
Also in your first few weeks carry it around with you everywhere just so you can check if you get confused about something.

xx

Slowhand said:
Think I need help.Joinedbslimming world 3 weeks ago and it's just not working for me.Have been doing the easy plan sticking to it and just not losing.

First week eat so much more than usually do was told me dairy was very good didn't lose anything.

Any ideas

Hi hun thats exactly what's happening to me! I felt exactly the same as u last night wen i sts but Im gonna be 100% this week have plenty of excersize see if that helps, good luck if u wanna inbox me any time feel free xxxxxxxxx

Any ideas

Snap! - Exactly the same as my first three weeks, but I had been doing WW before I joined SW so put it down to that.

My friend lost 1lb in her first four weeks at SW. Then she regularly lost 3lb a week for 4 months! It works at a different rate for different people and I'd give it another few weeks.

1.5 lb off is better than a gain. Good luck!

i've been doing sw for a year almost and i've had my fair share of frustrating disappointing weeks. my advice would be to give it some time, follow the plan and have faith in it. i would suggest doing a food diary, and doing it religiously for a few weeks at least. make sure you keep in touch with your consultant if you have any wobbly moments during the week or are unsure of anything. i've lost an average of 1lb per week for the whole time, its a healthy loss and staying the same(frustrating as it is) still shows our ability of not going overboard and having a gain. keep at it, i am sure you will carry on doing well :)

Don't give up! When I started I was one of three men in a group of 40 women and a lot older then most....
I read the books then looked at what I liked to eat and worked on them, I have averaged a loss of 1 stone per month!

Back