Help, something is going wrong :(

Tracyx

Silver Member
Hi Guys,

I started off 3wks ago on the lifestyle plan and lost 6lbs in the first 3 days which was obviously my glycogen & water stores as it was too soon to be anything else then i lost nothing else for over a week. I tried cutting out various things (stopped eating bars and drinking Dr Pepper Zero) but nothing helped so i put it down to TOTM and though i was right as the day they turned up i dropped 2lbs, but then the following day i regained 1lb so i was very confused.

Wondering if it was something i was eating i switched to the Simplicity plan and for the last week i have ate nothing but 4 packs a day (mainly milkshakes), 4/5 cups of decaf tea and 1ltr of weak ribena plus and my weight is just not moving, so other than the 6lb i lost in glycogen & water all i have lost is 1lb in 3 weeks :(.

I am 5"7 and 13.5st so nowhere near my goal weight.

Any Ideas?

Tracyx

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is that maybe your not drinking enough water or your losses are slower because you don't have much to lose sorry I can't be more help I've only just restarted myself hopefully someone with more knowledge will come along soon xx

Hmm... Is the Ribena 'allowed' (I only drink water so haven't looked at what you can and can't drink)..... though, it shouldn't effect your body that much even so.

Sometimes our bodies do funny things. I had okay losses week one, week two wasn't as much as I would have liked, then week three I lost less that 1lb and thought maybe after the initial loss it just wasn't going to work for me and almost gave in. The next two week was over 7lbs and the week after over 5lbs.... which was amazing. Then another not so great one.

Recently for inspiration I've been watching old biggest losers on youtube, one lady lost 2lbs the first week (which, if you've seen the show know is a pretty cruddy week 1 loss compared to the massive losses of everyone else), she struggled with poor losses the first few weeks then it started picking up - and she went on to be runner up losing almost 100lbs. The point is.... our bodies don't always act like we want them too, but that doesn't mean that they -wont-, and if you keep persevering you don't know whats around the corner <3

But as was said, make sure your drinking enough, weighing at the same time etc... and also, have you measured? sometimes loss isn't shown on the scale but in inches lost.

Thanks Girls :)

Yes it is the Ribena Plus Blackcurrant I have been drinking, we are allowed 1ltr a day, i have only been drinking it this last week since cutting out the Dr P as it really helps me drink all my water. As I have about 1.5lts for tea, 1ltr in my packs, 1ltr in my Ribena plus.

I'm not going to give up in the hope that my body is just being stubborn but what I have read is that some people don't do well eating the same calories everyday as their metabolism just slows right down so on a normal calorie controlled diet they recommend having a day off every now and again to keep it high but obviously we can't do that but I was thinking about maybe having a higher calorie meal one or two nights a week to see if it helps jump start things, maybe a steak with some low cal veg, it's not as if my losses can get any worse :).

Tracyx

It's really impressive how much determination your showing without seeing the results! - So I just wanted to say good for you for not getting discouraged and jumping straight off the wagon <3

For me, when I was having less than expected weight losses, I really was tempted to say screw it. Give it another week, and see, and if its still not working change it up.

That's tough. I agree I'm really impressed you have stuck with it without seeing a loss on the scales. Have you tried taking your waist/hip measurements etc. It could be that you are gaining muscle whilst losing fat. Particularly as it is a high protein diet if you are active you may gain muscle mass. You might find tracking size is better than tracking weight for you. I have lost far more in size than my weight loss would suggest and I have a bodyfat monitor and whilst my bodyfat has gone down my body water and muscle percentages have gone up which helps to explain this.

Definitely go more by your measurements than weight!! I've had some pretty low loss weeks or staying the same but lost cms off my waist (which I was delighted about!). I'm also super impressed you're perservering despite seeing movement on the scales. Hang in there because a lot of people on here might see little movement then suddenly the scales drop! :)

Hi Tracy, I'm in the same boat as you!

I have 3 shakes and bar and just about manage 1,5 ltr of water in excess of my shakes.

I've lost 6 lbs in 4 weeks and 5 of those were in my 1st week. I've not cheated even once, but I'm getting very VERY disheartened.....

My measurements fluctuate so no real improvement there. I am weeing (sorry if TMI ) at least 15 x a day lol which isn't good when I have to keep leaving my patients in the chair which is why upping my water intake may not work for me due to my job!

I'm 11.3 5'6" and aiming for 9 stone... :-(

Are you having caffeine? I saw in another thread that S&S suggested to someone in the same situation to cut out caffeine and suddenly they started losing.

That sucks :( Not sure what else to suggest. You could give the guys at S&S a call they are really helpful.
I hope it starts coming off for you.

Are your scales OK? Does the battery need changing?

More water would be my suggestion. You body needs water in order to metabolise the fat. Don't stick to the minimum. (Also don't go mad and drink husge amounts of wat in a short time - very dangerous)

Back