Help,sts 3 weeks in a row!!!

nikki299

As title says i have not lost any weight in 3 weeks.:cry:
Don't know what to do now, i am also going to gym or swimming 4 times a week and don't have time to do any more.
Any advice appreciated.
I have a food diary on here if anyone would like to take a look,although i haven't posted for a couple of days as i'm so p***ed off!!
I was at my doctor today and mentioned i was finding it hard to lose weight, she said i should be having a lot less carbs and only about 1000 cals a day. I thought that was rather low for someone my size and not recommended long term.

Anyway if anyone can shed any light on why i might be staying the same that would be great. I'm starting to feel really down now and i know i won't last much longer if i don't see some results soon.:(

Last edited:
Everyone goes through plateau`s ......also it depends how close to target weight you are as the nearer you are the harder it is for the weight to shift........You have not put any on so you are doing ok......
Hopefully things will start to shift soon........keep up with the excellent work and you will get there x

Problem is your doc probably doesn't know about this way of losing weight. We all hit plateaus at some time. You are probably changing shape rather than losing pounds at the moment.When I hit one a afew years ago my consultant told me I wasn't eating enough and to have more free foods to boost my metabolism. It worked for me. I also remember her telling other people to up their syns a little if she thought they were being too strict. Don't get too cheesed off cos it will satart to come off again just make sure you don't cut down on your intake unless you are going over your syn quota.If the diary works for you then start a new one in case you have made a slip up.You ve done brill up till now so hang on in.xx

I can really feel for you, as I know how disappointing it can be.
For me, unlike most people, I struggled far more in the beginning with quite a few STS and small gains. The weight fell off when I approached target.
I think I has such an uphill to begin with as I ate a lot of mullerlights and a huge amount of fruit. I know these are free but they are the only things I can think of as I stuck to plan 100%.
Once I cut right back on them, and only ate when hungry, and not just for the sake of eating, the weight fell off.
Are you eating a lot of superseed and superfree food? Are you drinking enough?
These are just a few suggestions but hope they help.
Good luck, you will get there!

Thanks for all your kind comments.
I'm definately drinking enough and i usually have salad and/or a few different types of veg with each meal, and fruit after.

Thing is i have about 8 stone to lose and only restarted sw 5 weeks ago. The first week i lost nothing the second 4lbs and then the following 3 weeks nothing!!! Can't understand why nothing is happening. I'm really trying hard at the gym and swimming too, i usually swim 50-60 lengths and i'm up to cycling 9k plus all the other machines.
Really can't think of what to do now.

Yeah most days. I sometimes don't have a hea, but use 105 per week,maybe i should cut down.

If you've not done exercise before you can retain water though that, sounds mad I know but true. Don't give up the exercise the body will ajust again. Keep at it and it will come off :D

it will be your exercise imo - and this is where you need to have patience im afraid
your doing so well with the exercise but what your doing is building muscle faster than your losing weight - hence the STS
however lean muscle burns more calories than flabby muscle so in a few weeks you should really start to see the difference as the lean muscle kicks in and boosts that metabolism and burns those calories

also interval training is much more efficent in calories burning than steady rate exercise
so when your on the bike - gentle warm up 5 mins - then 30 secs or 1 min of cycling at 90% of max heart rate/effort then 2 mins recovery not dead slow around 50/60% then another hard interval then recovery etc etc do this for around 10-12 mins and a gentle cool down
now after that you will continue to burn calories for up to 48 hours after your workout
with steady rate workouts you stop burning at around 6 hours after your workout

give it a try - it works !! :)

but dont give up on the exercise now cos your so close to starting seeing some great results !!

HTH

I've had a look at your diary. Here's the link for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/146030-nikkis-3rd-time-lucky-diary.html.

I have to say I think it might be what you are eating. You regularly don't have very much for breakfast at all - just a yoghurt or a bit of fruit. Then you are exercising in the morning after only having a yoghurt and then nothing else till lunch. A yoghurt isn't enough to see you through a normal morning let alone one with exercise as well. And you need to eat something immediately after exercising so that your body can repair the muscle tissue. This also gives your metabolism a boost and you burn more calories.

And if you don't mind me saying you seem to eat a lot of the same food - soup, baked potatoes and pasta - and there are days when there really doesn't seem to be a lot of superfree content. Personally I couldn't survive on what you are eating. Perhaps aim to have a proper breakfast, lunch and dinner with lots of variety and snacks mid morning and mid afternoon. See what the others think after looking at your diary but here's what I would eat in a typical day when I was losing weight.

B - cooked breakfast choosing from toast, quorn sausage, boiled/scrambled/fried/poached egg, mushroom, baked beans, spaghetti or tomatoes. Not all at the same time but a different selection to make sure I had variety.

Snack - yoghurt and banana

Lunch - soup and baked potato with cottage cheese and coleslaw, vegetable quiche or frittata, cous cous with veggies, pasta salad with veggies, home-made savoury rice.

Snack - yoghurt and piece of fruit

Dinner - a big serving of curry, chilli, risotto, pasta bake, sweet and sour, lasagne etc with masses of rice, pasta, cous cous and veggies. Again loads of variety - meat, pulses, lentils or veggie versions. Chinese, indian, thai, mexican, italian. Constantly trying new foods and new recipes.

Snack - stewed apples, hot chocolate, cheese on toast etc.

Take care!

circes - i hadnt looked at the food diary !! bad me ...i guess i just assumed that as you were new to SW your C would be checking your food dairies to make sure your on track ?

but i agree a yoghurt isnt enough to be doing a workout on - esp a fat free one !!!

eat more :)

Last edited:
have you measured yourself recently?

I have sts the last 3 weeks also but the inches have been coming off even though the scales arent budging!

I've taken a look at your diary & I don't think you are eating enough fruit & veg, some days you only have 1 piece of fruit which isn't really enough especially on EE day.

I've noticed when you have porridge for breakfast you don't put the weight down, do you weigh it first? You need to make sure, where necessary, you weigh hexa/b's.

I saw one day you put philly light as hexa, I'm not too sure but I didn't think philly was hexa.

This isn't a criticism but just an observation.

As Circes said I'd try to mix up the type of foods you eat. Make sure you have plenty of water & fruit & veg.

Don't give up, you are doing well STS is better than a gain:D

when i had the issue of either maintaining or not losing more and .5lb it was because i was excercising so much and not eating enough to keep up with it i needed to eat more to burn more if that makes sense ?? it could be the same with you ?

Haven't looked at your diary, but sounds like the prob may have been spotted.

My advice ontop of the other advice about not eating the right foods & not enough variety would be to look at what plan you are doing & maybe mix them up slightly - so if doinf EE days have a change for geeen or red days.

Back