Help... Syns on a Plain chow Mein!!

Hi everyone,

I have lost 1s 4lb in the last 10 months and it is getting slower, so I need to single out things that I am doing wrong!
Every other week or so, we have a chinese takeaway. I have a plain chow mein & boiled rice (I'm a veggie). I may have 3-4 prawn crackers (not a BIG fan) and maybe pinch a few chips of hubby! No sauces, or anything fried.
I know I have syns free for a takeaway, as I only have around 6 syns or less a day - but I do not know the actual syns for my takeaway treat!!! ARGGGHHH!

I have search Plain chow mein - but all I get is chicken, etc. Was wondering if anyone would be able to help me or if you have the same problem as me!!
I LOVE Slimming World, LOVE the recipies, etc but am not loosing anything..... I do not want to quit SW as I think it is a wonderful healthy way to eat!
x x x x x x
Thanks for reading and listening to me moooaaannn! lol
Ali x x x x x:(:cry::sigh:
PS: this is the only 'meal' in my diet that I am really unsure of x x x x x x

I don't know the answer to the syns query, but at the end of the day there wont be more than a couple of hundred calories difference so one chow mein over another once a fortnight is neither here nor there, it really won't make ANY difference to your weight loss. How much do you have to lose? Do you have a food diary we can look at? Are you eating all your HEXes, plenty of superfree and enough syns? My first questions would be i) whether you are eating enough and ii) whether you have much to lose anyway?

Hi Ermintrude... Thanks for reply I'll syn it as a chicken chow mein x I have a food diary completed for this week... can I attach on here?! I follow EE and def have my HEB everyday (normally 4 x ryvita), but I do not have my HEA everyday)maybe one or twice a week). Syns wise I have around 6-8 per day (this week had a little more as had choc on halloween!). I feel like I am full most of the time and don't feel like I am on a diet, so I don't know if I should be eating more or not. I do snack between meals (normally fish sticks or baked beans) would that make any difference? I am a pescatarian, so I eat fish and veg. The other thing is I am not a big drinker, I have maybe 3 cups of green tea a day ..... thanks for your help, I am just trying to find something out about where I am going wrong x x x

There's a food diary room here where loads of people post them every day and you can check them out for ideas, if you post a link to it people will check it out and see if they can help.

You're doing EE I take it? Are you eating at least 1/3 superfree with every meal?

It's best to reach for superfree as snacks first where possible, but its not compulsory, just an idea if youre having trouble, instead of snacking on just free (ie beans/fish). You can still have them if you're still hungry after trying superfree first.

Maybe people can give you a few ideas when youve had a chance to post a diary example.

cjeb456 said:
Hi

I may be wrong, and there are lots of other more qualified people on here to help, but your fluid intake jumps out at me.

Maybe up the fluid intake to include more water every day?

Hopefully someone can confirm this as i would hate to give you the wrong advice.

Anyways, good luck with it and im sure you'll get there :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That is good advice-i missed That when I read it :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Last edited:
The other thing is your syns - I mentioned earlier whether you are eating enough - you say you have "only have around 6 syns or less a day". The *minimum* you should be having is 5 syns a day, - I dont know how much your "or less" is or how often it is this low?

Back