Help taking kids to Mcdonalds- what can I have???

ScarlettStar86 said:
Hmm will remember that in future but wasn't going for my benefit. for me today was more about the actual place, I'm a nanny and took the children I look after to mcds for end of term treat on parents instructions and our local mcds has the big softplay that keeps them amused for ages. KFC in our town is a takeaway with 2 tables to sit at but.its mainly a grab and go place. Never mind, had a very low syn week so counting them weekly still well within my limit :) thanks though! X

Im so glad my son wont eat Mac ds i cant stand it my friend once took him with her kids he tasted it and then refused to eat so she brought him home told me what happened and he ate a full bag of steamfresh Veg and a slice of my sw quiche they only seem to want the toy anyway i like my other friends method go out for pub grub then a trip to the pound shop for the toy :)

cat yoyo greaves said:
Im so glad my son wont eat Mac ds i cant stand it my friend once took him with her kids he tasted it and then refused to eat so she brought him home told me what happened and he ate a full bag of steamfresh Veg and a slice of my sw quiche they only seem to want the toy anyway i like my other friends method go out for pub grub then a trip to the pound shop for the toy :)

But i suppose you gotta obey the parents rules being a nanny :(

You are all so brave, there is no way I could trust myself in McD's anytime soon. Most of my weight gain is because of my addiction to their breakfasts and big mac's lol

No food is bad food :)

If I know I'm going to McDonalds (or anywhere else) in the evening I just count calories for that day.

That way you can pretty much have whatever you like in medium meal form with a diet drink and not feel guilty for oversyning! and you'll still lose weight :)

In order to lose weight you need to have about 1500 calories (or less) and on the McDonalds website all the calories for each food are provided- you can even use the calorie counter they provide.

A healthy day involving McDonalds would go something like this:

Breakfast:
A bowl of cereal (120 calories) [OR piece of toast with spread (150 calories)]

Lunch: A piece of toast with 25g cheese (300 calories) [or a bowl of soup (80 calories)]

Snacks: An activia 0% fat yoghurt (60 calories) and an apple (30 calories)

Dinner: Medium chicken sandwich meal with diet coke (719 calories) [OR A medium filet of fish meal with diet drink (665 calories)]

Total calories: 1229 calories for the day

No food is bad food.

xxx

Last edited:
You are all so brave, there is no way I could trust myself in McD's anytime soon. Most of my weight gain is because of my addiction to their breakfasts and big mac's lol

It's not brave really. Everything in moderation works! :) (see post on healthy mcdonalds above!)

5 years ago I worked at McDonalds and lost 3 1/2 stone over 3-4 months. We would get a free meal when we worked. I would allow myself one meal of whatever I craved, once a week. The other days, I would flip over the tray liner and see what was best for me. I would usually have a box of 6 chicken nuggets and a fruit bag. If I wanted a dessert, I would choose a cone without a flake (prefer it that way), all in all (cone included) this is less calories than a quarter pounder on it's own.

Could've had a salad, but never the biggest fan!

Anyone know where this figure came from? Syns online says the nuggets are 6 and the chips alone are 8.5. Even if its a smaller portion of chips its certainly not less than half a regular portion.

I would say it is about right as the chips you get in the happy meal are pretty much half of a regular portion or there abouts, to be on the safe side you could add an extra Syn to account for any extra chips.

As a former McDonald's employee if 7+ years I can vouch that a small fry filled correctly is meant to be exactly half the size of a larger fry filled correctly.

We ran out if large boxes once, went to check measurements and saw this. However, we had several complaints when we trued handing our 2x generously filled smalls, people weren't happy even when we showed the measurements (people got medium+small to appease them!). Think it's a bit of an illusion. If ever in doubt, refer to the back of a tray liner, that was like my intake reference when I had my free meals there - it'll list all calories, measurements and extras like sugar/fat etc.

Back