Help! To all CD people!

lou49

I posted yesterday on Newcomers thread which I think was in wrong place and can't make the copy paste function work so I'm asking here...
Thinking of doing CD but reading these boards (brilliant but have spent too much time on it!)
Do I have to completely suspend a normal life if I go on it? What happens if I am invited out to a dinner or a function (like a wedding say)? Any alternative ways of losing weight quickly before possible surgery? I am not sure if I could cope with CD - when I read some of your stories about people being so hungry it made me very nervous! Lost 3 stone low carbing a couple of years ago, now regained, but don't think that a restart on that would be quick enough, although have restarted today.
Thanks all.....
Yours, nervously, Louise
54 years old/14 stone/5ft 6ins

Do I have to completely suspend a normal life if I go on it?

You do need to replace all meals with 3-4 shakes a day. So in a way, where eating is concerned, yes.

What happens if I am invited out to a dinner or a function (like a wedding say)?

You so have a choices. You can eat...You can bring your shakes, or you can choose to have a small low carb meal 790 plan for the day.

Any alternative ways of losing weight quickly before possible surgery?

You shouldnt do a VLCD at least 3 weeks before an operation or any kinds os surgery. It does depend on when the op is and how much you want to lose in the mean time. Maybe a higher CD plan will be the call of the day...if the op isnt too far off.

I am not sure if I could cope with CD - when I read some of your stories about people being so hungry it made me very nervous! Lost 3 stone low carbing a couple of years ago, now regained, but don't think that a restart on that would be quick enough, although have restarted today.

Dont feel nervous. It is a great way of life and its not forever on the shakes so you get to learn about what makes you tick on the journey. Though cutting carbs for awhile will certainly help if you choose the CD path.

Depending on the op... i think maybe even one week to give it a twirl (though its tough the first week if you go straight from high carbs - but you may feel great as you have been cutting em out!

Ivy

Thanks Ivy. Feel better now! I am going to drag myself out now as have spent far too long here researching the CD and hysterectomies! I can probably choose when to have it done, if I have it done (we have insurance) and I am waiting for a third opinion, believe it or not (two out of three gyaecologists say yes, lucky me) but I would probably be thinking of next year. My DH would rather I did it sooner than later but have tried to make him see that I would need to organise thngs at home first, plus (and didn't say this) I feel too fat to get it done very soon what with associated risks of overweight and major surgery plus people saying that they gained weight after the op, about the last thing in the world I would need.
Gratefully, Louise

Hi Louise,

I did post earlier there must be a duplicate thread.

If you email me your telephone number I will discuss all the options with you and answer any questions you still may have.

If you do not want to give me your number email me and I will email back my number.

Linda
[email protected]

Back