help to lose weight in pregnancy.

Cas3

Gold Member
Im about 2 months pregnant not sure about due date yet as waiting for a scan but Im already over weight and would like to lose a few pounds mainly for my health during pregnancy. This will be baby number 3. Does anyone have any advice and tips to eat healthy during pregnancy and are there any other mothers to be who want to help each other along the way.;)

Congrats and good luck. I'm expecting my third too. I did plan to lose some weight but didn't quite manage it. I havent gained too much though, I've mainly just tried to eat healthy and have the odd treat.
You can do SW while pregnant

Hi, im over weight, not too bad anymore, but none the less, still over weight. i am trying to gain as little as possible in this pregnancy, this is my 4th child, im only about 5-6 weeks. i am a member of slimming world and you can eat as much as you like, up until your full, of the good stuff:D:D.

i do love slimming world, and lipotrim for big weight losses. you just need permission off your midwife. so id be more than willing to help you along during pregnancy, my weigh day is on a wednesday. good luck hun.

kerryxxx

Hi, I started back at slimming world last wednesday, not to lose weight now (as I am 28weeks pregnant with my 4th baby) but just to keep the weight down as much as possible before the birth.
I am over weight so I don't want to add the extra pounds on, I have not even gained a stone this pregnancy but felt I needed the support a group could give me instead of going it alone.
I found out a month or so ago that I also have gallstones and all I can do for now to limit the attacks of pain is eat as little fatty food as possible so slimming world is ideal.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

Hello ladies and congrats on all ur pregnancys.

Im 5 n half weeks pregnant and also overweight! Iv read so many stories where ladies have ate healthily during their pregnancy and lost weight. I wana be one of those. The reason I am overweight is bcos of my last pregnancy and I made it an excuse to stuff my face !

I regularly use my exercise bike and go for long walks so im still planning on keepin that up as well as a good diet.

Good luck everyone xx

xkimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Congrats kimmy! I only joined slimming world 2weeks ago, wish I had started back when I was pregnant/before I got pregnant.
However, I have managed to lose 8 and 1/2lbs so far so am really pleased. Lost 3lbs this week, getting my half stone award and slimmer of the week.
I have still been having my 5-15 syns a day and my healthy extras, so it shows if you stick to it and eat loads of the super free foods you can still lose weight :D

Terri1985 said:
Congrats kimmy! I only joined slimming world 2weeks ago, wish I had started back when I was pregnant/before I got pregnant.
However, I have managed to lose 8 and 1/2lbs so far so am really pleased. Lost 3lbs this week, getting my half stone award and slimmer of the week.
I have still been having my 5-15 syns a day and my healthy extras, so it shows if you stick to it and eat loads of the super free foods you can still lose weight :D

Ah wow thats a great loss! And congrats on ur pregnancy!
Im not doin very well atm, I just cnt seem to stay focused. And exercise is non exsistent as I just cant be botherd lol. Im hoping it will pass soon xx

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

Ah wow thats a great loss! And congrats on ur pregnancy!
Im not doin very well atm, I just cnt seem to stay focused. And exercise is non exsistent as I just cant be botherd lol. Im hoping it will pass soon xx

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

That was kind of the reason I didn't join til recently, first sickness and all the healthy food seemed to make it worse and work got in the way too, very long hours.
I gained 10lb this pregnancy but with the recent 8 and 1/2lbs loss I am now only 1 and 1/2lbs heavier than before I was pregnant :p
I walk my kids to and from school but that is as far as exercise goes for me as my SPD has got too painful to manage anything more.
Hope you can get your head into gear soon or atleast not put on too much weight ;)

Terri1985 said:
That was kind of the reason I didn't join til recently, first sickness and all the healthy food seemed to make it worse and work got in the way too, very long hours.
I gained 10lb this pregnancy but with the recent 8 and 1/2lbs loss I am now only 1 and 1/2lbs heavier than before I was pregnant :p
I walk my kids to and from school but that is as far as exercise goes for me as my SPD has got too painful to manage anything more.
Hope you can get your head into gear soon or atleast not put on too much weight ;)

1 n half lbs is really good bet ya so proud ! Aw I hope I can do it too. Right ur my inspiration now lol 2mro im gna do it !!
Il keep ya updated lol x

xPreggasKimmyx
xSoon2bMrsSlimx

How have i already gained 6lbs !:-(
Hi Becca,
You done really well to only gained 6 lbs so far and your still down by losing all that weight before pregnancy :).
I think ive kept the weight off so far by running around after my youngest she's a 21 mths and into everything. I gained nearly 3 stone in my pregnancy last time so don't want to do that again x

Thats what im worried about because everyone i have spoke to has gained at least 3-4 stone and i reallywant to put as least on as poss.only the reason being that it takes me ages to lose weight.
I obv know i am going to put weight on during my pregnancy but as i am only 3 and half months i still cant get my head around the fact my clothes are getting tighter.

I'm down 8lbs from pre pregnancy, lost 16lbs with hyperemesis so have gained 8lbs of that back so far at 18weeks today, my mini goal is to be at least 20weeks by the time that 8lbs goes back on, so I will be at least half way through by the time I'm gaining on top of pre pregnancy weight!
If I can do that then don't go mad gaining I will hopefully by the time lost the initial weight after giving birth of baby and waters, placenta etc I will only be up around a stone!

I put 4stone on with my first baby and I'd already gained 2stone by now so I'm doing really well compared!

Well in my first pregnancy I was really lucky and weighed a stone lighter after birth than what I did before conception. Then I lost another stone and half in the next mth just naturally after my milk dried up couldn't breast feed due to having mrsa. I managed to keep the weight off for 2 half years but it gradually went back on so know how your both feeling. I really would like to keep my weight down this time im having a section so want to be healthy for that and hopfully I have a better recovery so my goal is to only gain a stone and a bit im already over weight as it is so don't want to be carrying around any other extra weight. At the moment im kind of on goal last time at this stage I think I gained a stone by this stage but I know once I get in my third trimester the weight will start to go on. I'm going to enjoy Christmas and worry about any extra pounds gained afterwards but im not going over indulge. It sounds like you both are doing well keeping the pounds off I know Mrs S you have had a bad time I enjoy reading your food diary x

Back