Red Days help too much salt!

Geordiehelen

Ive jst started sw yest im jst doing it on my own and the help of all u great ppl on this forum!
I made i lovely chilli n had it for my dinner today it was only 1 syn the problem is when ive got my meal in front of me i add way too much salt! My friend at wrk tasted the chilli n sed it was nice until she tasted SALT. She actually sed and to quote 'its like wen im in the meditterean sea n the water splashes in ur face and mouth' eeek! Not good! I just need some support to kick the habit lol. Does any1 else have a problem with too much salt or had a problem b4? And does eating too much salt make u put weight on? I know its really bad for me too!

Eating too much salt can make you retain water if you are not drinking enough. It is really easy to wean yourself off tho. Start by not adding any to your cooking. It amazing how quickly your taste adapts and how wonderful your food tastes. Good for you for recognising it as a problem for your health.

i do aswell must get it from my mum she used to get the salt and shake crisps and then add more salt ive actually chucked the salt away and just use pepper to season as ive heard it can slow down weight loss also its really bad for you maybe get a sea salt grinder and limit yourself to a couple of twists of it :)

Thanks guys i think i wil use it jst to season meals and only use a pinch then not add any to the meal when on my plate. I dont use loads when cooking bcos i no if i cook for others they wont enjoy my food and we cant be having that can we lol x

Every1 be proud of me i just made a recipe off here and only put a pinch of salt in my pasta! I did want more salt when i was eating it but hey ho i will just have to get used to it! Lol xx

You'll get used to it. Then you'll suddenly find the things that used to be normal tasting horribly salty!

Well done GeordieHelen. I'm sure it won't be long before you get used to it.

Gail x

It's illegal to eat them without, Margy.

Perfectly true !!!!

I am another one who is guilty of using to much salt and must get out of the habit.

Back