Help, total opposite, now don't want to eat much at all :(

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
It may be because I am doing a lot of walking at the moment, and when I get back I'm tired (due to being unfit me thinks) and so can't be bothered making anything to each but...

I really just don't feel like eating at the moment, and I feel like I have sort of gone off crisps (which I was using to help up my points for the day)

Not that I'm starving myself, I know I have to eat so do but only for that single reason.

And now I'm finding it really really really hard to use up all my daily points. Like the other day I checked and I'd only eaten 16 points, and before I forced myself to eat a bag of crisps, and decided to put grated cheese on my dinner to help up the points, I had only used 14.5 points on one day..

What do I do, I don't want to eat loads of WW cakes or Tesco LC cakes to help up the points, as I'm trying to eat more healthily and want to really cut back on the cakes sweets and crisps where possible..

Hopefully when I go to my Great Uncle and Aunties house tomorrow they will be serving a small roast like they normally do, cause that's the only thing at the moment that I feel like I want to eat...

What do I do, I don't want to make myself ill not eating enough..

How many are you on a day?

I have to admit i have been struggling to eat all mine, i seem to be eating more veg etc which is great but i feel more full and am not grabbing a cake bar etc mid morning.

I ate 3 square meals yesterday, had a Ripple and still saved some points.

The lighter choices are obviously better for us, but they are filling me up more :(

Can you work out what there is about the roast dinner that you are wanting? I am not a vegetable lover, but one time when I was feeling off my food and someone served me with boiled vegetables, I fell into them and realised that was what I was wanting!

Last Wednesday at WI I went below 12stone so lost a point so have been doing 19 for a week.

Without the healthier 1-2point cakes around I really have not been using all my points and its worse now this past week.

Regarding square meals totally agree, I ate three meals yesterday, and had to add in a packet of crisps and some cheese on the top of my dinner, and I still didn't use them all and that was with a WW desert (granted yesterday I did have a WW ready meal).

I thought I was going to struggle big time, cause when I started I was really finding it hard not to eat more then I was supposed to (i.e. go over my points0 now its the total opposite...

I have WW bagels and so might start having two slices of bread instead as that will also increase the points I use by 1 but not sure what else I could do...

Can you work out what there is about the roast dinner that you are wanting? I am not a vegetable lover, but one time when I was feeling off my food and someone served me with boiled vegetables, I fell into them and realised that was what I was wanting!

It was more a hope that the food would make me want to eat more and get me back into the kitchen cooking a lot more again, but just got called that we are not going now :(

I'm sure I will get there, just don't want to end up at square 1 and then find I've substituted all the low point stuff for higher pointed stuff, and then struggle to stay within my points again..

Maybe if you havent used enough points at the end of the day drink some orange juice etc? thats got points in ...

If you dont want to eat much try replacing the low fat items with full fat? It can make a lot of difference :) and its only till you feel like eating more!

Thanks for all the replies..

I think I have worked out what part of the problem is.

I was having trouble with my points at dinner, and we found the WW ready meals, already pointed and nice portion sizes too.

Thing is I think I was getting to like the WW ready meals to much (is that a bad thing) I don't have them every night but at least 3 times a week. Now actually I think I'm getting sick of them..

Starting tomorrow (after today and tonights WI) I'm gona start making everything from scratch again for dinner, at least until next Wednesday that is.

Shoving something in the oven for 45minutes and just doing that may be easy, but its boring.

I'm hoping this will help spice things up a little and get me more in the mood for food. I'm not a great cook, but can easily follow recipes plus can cook the basic meals that most people know, i.e spaghetti bolognese, shepherds pie etc from scratch, so here's hoping...

I use the WW meals all the time, I never make anything from scratch.... Maybe im just lazy

I use the WW meals all the time, I never make anything from scratch.... Maybe im just lazy

I don't think its so much lazy as easy.

As I said the meals are already pointed, and what with me having got to this point in my life that I need to try something like WW through eating to much, the WW meals are great when it comes to helping me with my previous lack of portion control. I knew I used to eat a lot but never really knew how much till I started pointing things up, and eating the WW meals and comparing them to what I used to eat before I joined WW...

Now I just have to work on getting a good balance between not eating to much food, and not eating to little...

You dont have to eat more to use more points. First thing. STOP using WW products. If you use ready meals, get the supermarkets own ones or the more luxury ones.(which tend to be better size portions and tast better anyway) Ordinary bagels are 3 or 4 points, not 2 like WW. Buy regular desserts and yoghurts, avoid WW ones.

By ditching the WW products you wont be eating any more food but will be bumping your points up considerably

I sometimes think that if you eat mainly WW foods, you're basically just on a supplement diet. Like - how do people know what a normal portion of pasta or potatoes looks like if they don't do it themselves? In theory - if you lose weight and use all your points it doesn't really matter because you're achieving your goal at the end of the day. I suppose the thing is - I think the temptation to go back to 'eating normally' comes after a while and then you're not as sure on what a portion looks like? It's a bit like being on one of those diet chef plans.

Anyway - I wasn't trying to criticise, just pointing out that by moving onto cooking more from scratch, you're getting yourself ready for maintenance as well. You'll probably enjoy them more too which should help your appetite and you'll be healthier.

You've pointed out it's a balance thing - which is so hard but at least you're doing something about it. And hopefully you won't have to force feed yourself crisps :D

Good luck :)

You dont have to eat more to use more points. First thing. STOP using WW products. If you use ready meals, get the supermarkets own ones or the more luxury ones.(which tend to be better size portions and tast better anyway) Ordinary bagels are 3 or 4 points, not 2 like WW. Buy regular desserts and yoghurts, avoid WW ones.

By ditching the WW products you wont be eating any more food but will be bumping your points up considerably

It might also help if I get a WW calculator, cause sometimes I do tend to stick to what I know the points of off the top of my head or products such as WW stuff and Tescos LC foods cause there already pointed.

If normal bagels are only 3 or 4 points then I will be ditching the WW ones tomorrow. Never understand why you pay more for a WW product to get less, like with the wraps, you pay more for 6 WW ones then some of the 8 wraps in a pack are, simply because there healthier ?

Hi I too have gone through stages where I can't eat all my points and other times I struggle not having enough, it can be to do with how you are pre ww , we get a buzz if losing weight si we don't want that to stop, if anyone has a weight problem for a number if years we all know how easy it us to just eat for pleasure, or eat for comfort etc but when we start losing weight and feel better sometimes inside we panic I can't eat as I'll go off plan.

I had 3 months where I just found I couldn't eat all my points,I was in a weightloss roll but it went and the last 2 weeks I don't feel I have enough points? Maybe as it's got really cold or noverty wears off?

I am sticking at it but just wanted to say I have felt like you I hope my non hungry time comes back xx

Back