Help! Wanna lose weight naturally!!! Ex CD

Dejay

Hi all, ex CD guy here!

From May to July 2011 I was on the Cambridge Diet and went from 14st to 12st 5 lbs - a loss of 1st 9lbs! I was really happy and looked great for my wedding. However, 7 months later I now weigh 13st 3lbs - 11lbs increase! Now I am determined to diest naturally - cut the calories and exercise! I will be grateful for all help and advice. Hope we can all share weekly results.

Cheers

Hi Dejay and welcome to calorie counting. Obviously you wont lose as quickly as on the CD but hopefully it will make you more aware of what and how much you're eating.

If you haven't done so already then I'd really recommend signing up to myfitnesspal.com as it's a great way to keep track of your calories.

My maine advice would be to not deny yourself anything just work it into your calories.

This is my first attempt at calorie counting. I lost 3.5 stone using slimming world about 7 years ago and put it all back on. This time I'm trying calorie counting in the hope that it is something that fits more easily into everyday life.

Good luck! Look forward to hearing your updates.

Hey:) I've been calorie counting for 2 months now after doing alllll the other diets and do far this is the best diet ever! I'm losing it slowly (8lbs so far) but I don't mind as long as its off not on!

My advice would be weigh everything u wud be so surprised on what u think somethin might weigh and what it actually does weight! And also join myfitnesspal it's really great and ya can follow us all on it! There is another form
With all our user names:) good luck:)

Thanks for the replies! I have been eating well and exercising for the last 4 days. Had a sneaky check on the scales and I have dropped 2lbs already! I know first week loses can be drastic when dieting but I will keep up the pace! Regarding weighing food, yes that's something we did on the CD. May try that soon on this diet but for now, I have heavily reduced carbs intake and have cut out sweets, biscuits, chocs and all that crap! I also now use sweetener instead of sugar! There are 2 calories in every teaspoon of sweetener compared to 20 in sugar!! Lol. Any other tips?

A good tip I got from here is if you fancy something sweet then a hartleys no added sugar jelly pot is less then 10 calories! These have been great for me as I really fancy something sweet in the evening...I used to dive into the biscuit tin but have one of these instead.

Sounds like you're doing well so far.

Oh thanks for that one!! Yeah I find it annoying when I want a sweet treat. Had a look at a packet of biscuits the other day. Each one had 66 calories in it! And I would comfortably sit there and eat 10 in a row while watching a film or something. That's 660 calories just like that! Anymore low fat/low calorie sweet treat ideas?

A good tip I got from here is if you fancy something sweet then a hartleys no added sugar jelly pot is less then 10 calories! These have been great for me as I really fancy something sweet in the evening...I used to dive into the biscuit tin but have one of these instead.

Sounds like you're doing well so far.

Agreed sf jelly is a winner

I used to love buying the wee jelly pots, but at 70p ish each....vs about 40p for a 2x sachet.. would make about 6-10 pots worth... if you have the time and a few tuppawares its a lil more cost effective :)

Hey:) I've been calorie counting for 2 months now after doing alllll the other diets and do far this is the best diet ever! I'm losing it slowly (8lbs so far) but I don't mind as long as its off not on!

I agree! I prefer for the weight to come off more naturally in a controlled and personally monitored way with exercise. The Cambridge diet was decent and it is the basis of some things I do now. But I wouldn't pay to diet again. I prefer control over my own food intake and to exercise, which the CD didnt encourage during dieting. It was expensive and it felt like psychological blackmail with regards to hitting loss targets and so on!

Lost 4lbs this week :)

That is an excellent start! Well done.

I've also decided to start doing calories counting and exercise. I lost 3 stone on CD but gained it back. I struggle with slimming world as I am a big eater and you are supposed to eat plenty of the right things on there but I end up eating too much and dont get the results.

So calorie counting here I come! I love myfitnesspal!

Mini~Mummy~2~B said:
That is an excellent start! Well done.

I've also decided to start doing calories counting and exercise. I lost 3 stone on CD but gained it back. I struggle with slimming world as I am a big eater and you are supposed to eat plenty of the right things on there but I end up eating too much and dont get the results.

So calorie counting here I come! I love myfitnesspal!

I do not rate CD. Many people I know have put weight back on and more on CD! It's not natural or sustainable enough. Doesn't teach the right eating lessons. Calorie counting (with exercise) is the best. You will see!

Wonder what my results will be on Tuesday!!!

Yeah I agree. I had to unsubscribe from CD threads because I had a different opinion to others, based on my experience. Alot of VLCD's can be expensive and not that supportive, as we have seen people post in this thread. It's almost like they make you feel you have to rely solely on the diet, it can be quite psychological I found!

Each to their own though. I just like to exercise and feel in control of what I'm doing. Oh, and keep my cash in my pocket!

NumNums said:
I'm ex CD and it never taught me about food like the woman promised me. Made dieting feel evil. Where as CC I get to continue with life and don't feel like I'm missing anything!

Ditto!!!

2lbs off for me this week. Happy!

Back