HELP weight loss plateau? and annoying pharmacists!!

mightymonocle

So last week I lost just over 1lb, this week 1.5lb.. despite the fact I am, and always have been 100% since starting the diet, drinking the usual 2.5-4L of water daily and it's not my totm.

(haven't had a period for a couple of months infact, but NO I am not preggers :eek:!!)

now I am still determined to stay on this diet, I love it and find it's easy to stick to having been on for so long! I was wondering though, is it possible that my weight loss is coming to a plateau having lost nearing 5 stone and a half .?? :( ideally I would still like to lose another 3 and a 1/2 - 4 1/2 stone to get my BMI to the mid range.

I am not upset that I have had a couple of weeks slower losses, just puzzled. 420 ish cals in... my BMR is like 1400 and I tend to get in at least 30 mins + exercise most days. so way more cals out.. right..? :S

The pharmacist was puzzled too, asked me if I had thought anything had changed, I told her that the only thing I could think of was that the weeks I seem to have lower losses seem to be the weeks I am doing more exercise, perhaps I am gaining muscle mass... ? she quickly shot that idea down 'no no no, don't think so, the more exercise you're doing the more you should be losing' - fair enough that may be the case, I was just trying to figure out why

she then calls in the other stand by pharmacist, who apparently knows all about this stuff as he goes the gym :hmm:

she tells him i've been cycling and could this have caused muscle gain. this pharmacist really done my head in!!!!!! :mad:

he had a voice just like Loyd Grossman and proceeded to tell me, 'rightttttttt..... hmmmmmmm, yes, cycling - no you won't gain muscle as with cycling you're just sitting down really, the only way that would be possible is for those who're doing it uphill, for really intense periods, so you won't have gained muscle'

right okay.. not that he asked what my bike rides are like.

and then.. 'now I know you may not want to hear this but if you really want to lose weight you should be running and doing intense work outs'. .

:|, is that really sound advice for someone who's already moderately active and on a very low calorie diet? To be honest I don't think this guy even knew what lipotrim is.

yeah anyway.. RANT OVER!

SO yeah, was hoping to hear from others who have losed similar amounts on lipotrim, did your weight loss eventually slow down or stall at any point? any tips to get it going again?

thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hmmm..... that really awfull of them....

Do you take measurements aswell hun!!! That might keep you going on slow weeks!!! I know a friend who has lost 2 lbs for a few weeks now and then got weighed yesterday and lost 7!!!!! Sometimes our body just holds on!!!

Are you stressed at all.... sometimes your body will hold onto stors of fat if it needs to!!!! x

i can remember when i was on here earlier on in year a couple of people saying exactly same about low weight loss for 2/3 weeks after a while of doing it but they just seemed to stick at it and then eventually had a big weight loss after a couple of slow weeks.
your pharmacist sounds like a muppet to put it nicely haha ring lipotrim helpline up and ask them but i dont think we meant to do to much exercise on such low calories?
keep at it you have done brilliantly :)

Jill x

As an experiment, try doing no exercise for a week and see what happens! The more I do, the less I lose but when I'm being a couch potato, I lose loads! Good luck, hun.

i dont tend to lose when i do loads of exercise either

Experimenting with the amount of exercise sounds like a good idea given what the others are saying. I would have thought that building muscle mass is the most likely explanation; not that I'm an expert.... ('gym'? What's a 'gym'? ;-) ) . What a wally your pharmacist is ! Good for you for sticking at it. Good luck, I hope you solve the mystery < hugs>

Thanks for your replies guys! I need to cycle to get to and from work but as luck would have it I am only in 3 times this week I think so I will see if the reduction in exercise makes a difference, and if not the week after I will resort to getting the bus (which would be a great shame as I do love to cycle and think the exercise is a great habit to get into for long term health)! Fingers crossed next weeks weigh in is a gooden :)

Hey Hun!
From personal experiance of loosing nothing over two weeks it does kick in again. I lost 3stone in 6 weeks n then nothing for two weeks. I rang lipotrim direct who told me to stick with it last week as te body is just catching up with the loss so it just holds on to it like the body is in a famine. Glad I stuck with it as I've lost 7lbs this week. But now it's totm so prob stop again lol.
Sorry that your pharmacist is a bit of an idiot I would ring lipotrim
direct if you are worried as they are so friendly and have all been there xx
Keep with it you've come to far now. Just go the pharmacist to get weighed n get you drinks n ignore what they have to say some of them have no Idea xxxx

So last week I lost just over 1lb, this week 1.5lb.. despite the fact I am, and always have been 100% since starting the diet, drinking the usual 2.5-4L of water daily and it's not my totm.

(haven't had a period for a couple of months infact, but NO I am not preggers :eek:!!)

now I am still determined to stay on this diet, I love it and find it's easy to stick to having been on for so long! I was wondering though, is it possible that my weight loss is coming to a plateau having lost nearing 5 stone and a half .?? :( ideally I would still like to lose another 3 and a 1/2 - 4 1/2 stone to get my BMI to the mid range.

I am not upset that I have had a couple of weeks slower losses, just puzzled. 420 ish cals in... my BMR is like 1400 and I tend to get in at least 30 mins + exercise most days. so way more cals out.. right..? :S

The pharmacist was puzzled too, asked me if I had thought anything had changed, I told her that the only thing I could think of was that the weeks I seem to have lower losses seem to be the weeks I am doing more exercise, perhaps I am gaining muscle mass... ? she quickly shot that idea down 'no no no, don't think so, the more exercise you're doing the more you should be losing' - fair enough that may be the case, I was just trying to figure out why

she then calls in the other stand by pharmacist, who apparently knows all about this stuff as he goes the gym :hmm:

she tells him i've been cycling and could this have caused muscle gain. this pharmacist really done my head in!!!!!! :mad:

he had a voice just like Loyd Grossman and proceeded to tell me, 'rightttttttt..... hmmmmmmm, yes, cycling - no you won't gain muscle as with cycling you're just sitting down really, the only way that would be possible is for those who're doing it uphill, for really intense periods, so you won't have gained muscle'

right okay.. not that he asked what my bike rides are like.

and then.. 'now I know you may not want to hear this but if you really want to lose weight you should be running and doing intense work outs'. .

:|, is that really sound advice for someone who's already moderately active and on a very low calorie diet? To be honest I don't think this guy even knew what lipotrim is.

yeah anyway.. RANT OVER!

SO yeah, was hoping to hear from others who have losed similar amounts on lipotrim, did your weight loss eventually slow down or stall at any point? any tips to get it going again?

thanks in advance

Sorry pet the gym guy was way off- your protien intake is too low for you to gain muscle it just isn't possible on this diet especially as you've been on for so long the only thing exercise on this diet will do is burn calories and maintain muscle mass.

However please don't panic this has happened to others and I bet you'll have a big loss next week it's just your body being stubborn!!

Hi
I agree with jesse and lucinda. the weeks I did less exercise I lost more.
Also as a keen cyclist I had buns of steel and lovely slim legs. Even my arms toned up from cycling cross country.

Back