Help, what's gone wrong?

Lilly1125

Hello everyone, I need advice !!! I have been on EE slimming works for 4 weeks now, and I mean bang on it, I understand the diet completely and absolutely no cheats, I lost a couple of lb first week then nothing for the last 3 weeks.

I a m thinking maybe it's not for me ? I so wanted to lose a couple of stone by June but it looks like its not gonna happen now :cry:

I mainly have 28grams of bran flakes and semi skimmed 2 x HO for breck

Lunch either home made SW soup and a muller light or a SW quiche and either count the cheese depending on what I have had for breck or some pasta with a tomato sauce I like to keep it free so I can have my syns later in the day.

Evening meal things like SW shepherds pie with veg, a vegatable bake, meat pots and veg, fish rice and peas ans sweet corn etc
If I don't have my third speed food I'l have fruit after.

I snack on fruit and occasionally make home made crisps with fry lite

I will usually have 5 to 7 syns a day made up of either cereal bars, a desert or if I. Make something with a sauce out of a jar I devide that into syns.

I walk about 10 miles a week and drink plenty of water.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong

Really sad about it. X

It will catch up. The only thing I can really suggest is to up your water if you're not drinking much. Give it time and it will move. X

I started in EE a year or so ago. Lost next to nothing for first 3 weeks. Almost gave up but on week 4 lost 7lb without doing anything different. It just all happened at once. Still on EE now and have continued a couple of poubds avweek. Dont give in

Lilly1125 said:
Do you really think it will? I feel like I'm becoming a flippin diet bore !!! X

It certainly won't hurt hun. Give it a go and stick with it, the plan works its just gotta catch you up x

You really think so? I sort of blew it tonight, I had 2cereal bars 2slices of bread butter and choc spread and a bag of veg crisps !!!:break_diet:

You can still pull it back. Just draw a line and carry on as though it never happened and drink drink drink :) I try to make sure to get at least two litres of water each day. What day is weigh day for you x

Weigh ins on a Fri afternoon, it's so nice to have the support of this forum, most of my mates either don't need to diet or don't want to so don't understand how much of a bummer it is to try sooo hard and not lose x

Are you having enough superfree? You should aim to include it with all your meals, because it limits the portions of the other free foods.

I am not sure what superfree you have had, because I can't see any mentioned in your meals. I presume you are aware that sweetcorn and peas are not superfree?

I know you say you sometimes have fruit AFTER your meal, but by doing that it could mean your portions are not controlled at meal times. For instance say you had meat, rice, peas and sweetcorn, all those are FREE but not superfree. If you have no superfree on your plate, you are not controlling the portions of those foods, so you are then eating that PLUS the fruit afterwards. I hope that makes sense.

Also the crisps cooked in frylight are not free, are you synning those?. A potato cooked as part of a meal including superfree is of course free, but when the potatoes are cooked in that way, they are dried out and lose all their satiety. Slimming World state that these must be synned. I believe they have a note on their website in the FAQ to state this.

Of course it may be none of the above, but it is worth bearing in mind.

I don't think SW crisps are syn free anymore as its considered food abuse. Are you having lots of super speed food? Drinking plenty of water may help.

Lilly1125 said:
Weigh ins on a Fri afternoon, it's so nice to have the support of this forum, most of my mates either don't need to diet or don't want to so don't understand how much of a bummer it is to try sooo hard and not lose x

I know exactly what you mean!!! I'll walk it with you :) how much do you have to lose?

Actually pp is correct too the sw chips are not free and need to be synned.

Id assumed (dad told me off for assuming when i was a kid and I still haven't learned) lol that your soup was made from super free. Again, as pp said make sure it accounts for at least one third of the meal x

Also, how much have you got to lose? If it isnt much it could be quite slow anyway.

But as the others above have said make sure youre eating your 1/3 superfree with EVERY meal, snacking on SF between meals, drinking plenty of water, eating ENOUGH, and you MUST syn those SW crisps.

Hello everyone, I need advice !!! I have been on EE slimming works for 4 weeks now, and I mean bang on it, I understand the diet completely and absolutely no cheats, I lost a couple of lb first week then nothing for the last 3 weeks.

I a m thinking maybe it's not for me ? I so wanted to lose a couple of stone by June but it looks like its not gonna happen now :cry:

I mainly have 28grams of bran flakes and semi skimmed 2 x HO for breck

Lunch either home made SW soup and a muller light or a SW quiche and either count the cheese depending on what I have had for breck or some pasta with a tomato sauce I like to keep it free so I can have my syns later in the day.

Evening meal things like SW shepherds pie with veg, a vegatable bake, meat pots and veg, fish rice and peas ans sweet corn etc
If I don't have my third speed food I'l have fruit after.

I snack on fruit and occasionally make home made crisps with fry lite

I will usually have 5 to 7 syns a day made up of either cereal bars, a desert or if I. Make something with a sauce out of a jar I devide that into syns.

I walk about 10 miles a week and drink plenty of water.

Can anyone see where I'm going wrong

Really sad about it. X

Hi Lilly, I'm on Red and Green days but for the last 3 weeks I have started exercising (5 x 40min sessions a week) and suddenly stopped losing weight. I was sticking religiously to the diet and having about 5 syns a day. This week I have increased my syns to 15 a day and changed my HEXs and suddenly it has started to come off again :bliss:

I would suggest keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks to keep a check on what you are having and go right back to basics.

Good luck

Thanks for all the fab replies, I feel determined again this morn, I havnt even thought to count the crisps because they were only half a sliced pot ??? Does anyone know how many points they are ? Got bottles out for my water so I can actually see what I'm drinking x

I weighed 13 2 yesterday and want to lose2stone x

Perhaps it's down to portion control

It sounds like you're eating the right stuff but if you eat 3 lbs of food at every meal then you're still having too many calories ( I know we don't count calories but that's how it works, more low calorie dense foods ie the superfree )
Try doing it the other way round for a bit.
2/3 superfree ( and check everything, peas and sweetcorn aren't superfree etc. ) and 1/3 free.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Mmm, maybe, but I bought a small dinner plate and my portions compared to my kids is smaller !!! If I have anything with rice I have it in a bowl, like a soup sided bowl. I have done slimming world before when it was just green or red and lost 2stone, that's what I just don't get it ? X

Last edited:
I'm going to give the red days ago, its not gonna beat me !!! Now to find some lunch and dinner ideas, any ideas gratefully received ! X

Back