Help with a flexi syn day please?

Amyeve

Mummy of 2!
Hiya, its my 1st WI & shopping day tomorrow so planning next weeks meals at the mo...

So monday is my birthday and i want to go out for a curry with the family. been looking in the syn list in the book and think im going to go for..

380g chicken biryani - 12.5
1/2 a plain naan - 10:eek:
onion bhaji 8.5

Will be an EE day so thats a total of 31syns i think, although i might skip the naan as it doesnt seem worth 10 syns for half!:rolleyes:

is that going over the top? do i make it up throughout the week and cut a few syns out a day to make up for it, or do i just carry on and hope for the best!?

Also, do you think the portion sizes listed are realistic ones? obviously cant be sat at the table weighing my dinner but at same time i dont want to be eating twice the syns i think im having:eek:!!

I go out to dinner once a week and often have chicken biryani, some nan bread and bhaji. I usually have chicken tikka and poppadoms to start too, and half a bottle of wine. I try and eat slowly, have water with my wine and don't usually clear my plate. I also try and cut down on my syns during the week to make up for Fridays. This has usually worked fine for me, except last week we had a Thai meal and silly me had battered vegetables to start, and a creamy curry, and I don't think I've lost this week.

It's your birthday, it's only once a year, go out and enjoy yourself and don't worry too much, it'll be fine! Have a great time x

I agree...dont fret over the syns Hun, just enjoy yourself.
You have already worked out a sensible amount for flexi syns anyway! I remember once I allowed myself 80 syns for a night out, so your 31 really is a small allowance in comparrison!! However if this is the route you follow, try not to go over the amount you were going to stick with. Also, SW will not guarantee you a loss that week either, so be prepared.

Just enjoy your night!

I think the fact you're planning out your food and how many syns you're allowing yourself is excellent.

It sounds really reasonable, especially as it's your birthday!

You want to enjoy yourself, so go ahead, eat what you're planning and have an angelic week with a few syns lower and I am sure you'll be fine. Even if you don't lose, you'll be ok again the next week, more than likely :)

I had a flexi syn 'night' on Tuesday and I had 37 syns. That didn't even include food lol.

But my plan is to continue as I am. I'm going to try and stick to what remaining syns I have left, however, if I don't I'm not going to fret/give up/stress/pig out/worry about it as it was one night of a whole week of sticking to plan. And that's what flexi syns are for.

If you feel like you could cut back on a few syns the rest of the week then do so, if only to make yourself feel better, but if you can't then don't worry and just continue as you are and have a few syns when you need to. After all it is your birthday!!

Have a lovely time x x

Im not fretting about it - because yes its my birthday etc I just want to be sensible! I had a fair few too many syns over this last week and at my first weigh in this morning i had still -1lb!!:D so i figure if im a bit more careful this week i can go for a good -2lb next week!

I dont drink so dont need to worry about that BUT i forgot to budget for birthday cake! :rolleyes:

Back