Help with dress sizes???

stef2009

Gold Member
Ok ladies so i managed to fit into a size 14 coat, it zips up fine, i dont have to breathe in or anything lol BUT u can still see my 'donut' as i call it and it looks abit tight on my boobs.

So i want to take it back and get a 16 as i would like to start wearing it soon, but my OH thinks its pointless as it will be 2 big soon and he says i look fine in it now :|

But my question is, do u drop a dress size per stone?? How long would it actually take for it to fit without bumps?? Should i just go for the 16?? Help!!!??? xxx

Everyone is different but from what iv seen with me in past and family. The bigger you are thr more you need to lost to drop a dress size.

So if you are fitting into a 14 just now i would think another 10 to 14 would mean the coat would fit good.

Once you have been on a diet a while you stop losing water weight so every pound is fat x

10 to 14lb? xx

I seem to be stuck, going from an 18 to a 16. 18 just a bit too big but 16 too tight, so I hope it is only another 10lbs to go!
I think you should keep the coat if it is fitting, you could always wear a scarf to hide the little bulge. x

Ahh its hard work isnt it lol normally i wudnt be buying anything till im near my target or unless its a must do but i love this coat and dont wana miss it lol. Its all been abit strange be honest, i always bought baggy tops so around 18-20, never even thought about trying a new size and when i did last week i got into a 14 i couldnt believe it!
The 'donut' is round my waist lol :|
The size chart for the coat though says i shouldnt even be-able to fit in the size 14 coat with my 'donut' and boobs, so how the hell does that work :\ Ahhh decisions decisions!! xx

Keep the size 14. The size 16 will be hanging off you soon and you'll wish that you'd kept the size smaller. Anyway, it's a good incentive to keep going :). I've found that things that I can get on but are tight now fit me quite well once I've lost half a stone. The weight loss between the sizes becomes less as you get smaller I think. A stone off when you're in the 17s (where I was when I started) is less proportionally than a stone off now that I'm in the 12s.

yeah thats true.. I guess i could wear it open for now!!! So hopefully in another 4 weeks, it'll fit better :D xxx

Definitely keep the 14. I resent buying coats along the way as they aren't always the cheapest thing. I started at a size 26 and refused to buy another coat until even I had to admit that it was starting to look stupid... I then bought a coat that I could bearly do up but that I loved (size 18). The joy of seeing that coat start to fit me properly was huge! Unfortunately I am now a size 14 and it's rather large on me. I'm refusing to get another one though as I'm aiming for a size 10 so it'll have to look silly on me until I can fit into a size 10 coat!

Yeah i'll keep it, just really wanted to wear it now zipped up without looking like im squeezing into clothes too small Grrrr lol

And wow well done on ur weight loss!! 7 stones amazing! What have ur loss's been like on adverage weekly? Have u had a break inbetween? xx

stef2009 said:
What have ur loss's been like on adverage weekly? Have u had a break inbetween? xx

Thanks! No break. I started at the end of July. I'm actually on lighter life but I use some of the SnS packs because they're lovely! Every 12 weeks I add calories in the form of milk and on Christmas day I had a protein meal (not allowed on LL total) but apart from that I have never had anything off plan. Am now on LL lite - which means that I can have 3 packs a day and a protein meal. My weight loss has slowed down in recent months - I would estimate that for the first 4 to 5 months it was an average of 4 lbs a week but for the last couple of months perhaps around 2.5 or 3 lbs per week.

God thats amazing! I need to lose around 4 and a half stone, hoping to do it in 4 months maybe?? Cant believe uve had no breaks, brilliant well done you!!! xx

I think it's easier for me to stick to it than to cheat and get back to it - I would find that too tough.

I'm ok if I have planned breaks as I have a plan around restarting before I stop, but cheats are different as it's the unplanned nature of them that leads to being out of control.

Im still undecided yet as if i would want a break, im hoping not but i'll have to see xx

Some people do find it difficult to restart after having a break. It's not something I struggle with but you do see people doing fantastically well on this diet who have a break and are never seen again :(

that would prob be me!!
wen i was on LT i came off it for my 21st and couldnt get back on it xx

I couldn't get back onto LT when I had a break from it after 4 months either (a few years ago). I managed 2 weeks the second time before I caved. I know I couldn't do a shake only diet again. I don't think that S&S is as bad as there is plenty of choice so I don't really feel deprived when I'm on it. I've not really missed alcohol anywhere near as much as I thought I would either. Sometimes I think that a nice glass of wine would be nice but I'm fine without it. I didn't even drink last weekend when I had the weekend off.

yeah i only had 1 flavour shake on LT, now i dont kn ow how in gods name i did 8 weeks without anything touching my mouth other than the shake, i started having a slight breakdown!! Im not a big drinker luckily so i dnt miss alcohol atall :) xxx

Back