Help with inspiration

Em_Butterfly

Silver Member
Hi guys,

I started the CD a few months ago but over the last month I have lost my way. I was really strict with myself before and would even be worried if I had one extra pack once a week! But now I have started to fall back into old habits...sitting in front of the tv eating pizza and feeling sorry for myself. I don't even have that far to go and in about 2 stones time I will probably look slim, even though I want to lose a little more than that to be a healthy BMI. I don't know what's wrong with me. I do really want to be slim. I'm fed up of other people getting attention when I know I will be a good looking girl when I'm slimmer (and more confident). It's something I've always wanted but I've lost the motivation I once had. If anyone has any words which may help it would be much appreciated, some tough love wouldn't go amiss...I just need someone to it spell it out. Thanks guys xx

Right then, I'll have a go at the tough love thing, although I don't know if I am any good at it.....

You have done it before so you know you can do it. You are making a choice to eat and then feel sorry for yourself and ultimately this will get you no-where apart from back where you started. How disappointed will you be in yourself if you end up back at the beginning or even worse heavier. No one is forcing you to eat pizza, you have to choose not to. If you manage to be strong and make that choice it will get easier every day as you well know. Plus if you then see the weight start to come off that will be an added incentive. Stop dreaming about looking slim and do something about it!!

Sorry if that is too tough. Why don't you start with very small goals like just get through one day without picking. I am only on Day 6 myself and I am sure I will have moments like you are having but this is when we need to be as strong as possible.

Keep us posted with how you are getting on.

Georgie
x

Hi Em

Like you I am inclined towards self sabotage. I have even less to lose than you do and am already a size 10/12 but I am messing about with losing the last few pounds that will get me to 9 stones. I want to eat like a gannett and there are days when I have done just that and why ...................... ? :banghead:

I think that sometimes we confuse feelings with behaviour. We wait until we feel motivated before we act positively. Well we don't need to wait to feel good .................. we know what needs to be done ............ we know what is good and we know how to do what is good.

So instead of sitting about scoffing pizza and hoping that you might feel more motivated tomorrow STOP with the pizza!! The pizza is a temporary joy but over indulging the way you appear to be will in the long term lead only to misery and self-loathing. (I know!!).

Two stones is nothing in the grand scheme of things. People knock off 2stones on WW with little problem - 2stones on a VLCD is a piece of P***!!!!

Think about Christmas and that lovely outfit you will wear when you sit down to your dinner. An outfit that will fit you beautifully - you won't spill out over the waistband and you will feel wonderful.

Come on girl, step away from the pizza and grab some water - you know you want to.

:hug99:

Come on Em. No one can do the diet for you. You know what needs to be done - you've already lost 2 stone so you know it works. Eating pizza is going to take you straight back to where you started. You only need to give up your fave foods for another couple of months and then you will be able to have them in moderation without the guilt.

You can do it. You know you can. Now step away from the pizza!!

Good Luck

Thanks guys! I really needed to be told and you have all done just that! I have stuck to the diet now for two days and feel so much better, I know I won't mess up now. I even went to the shop yesterday and picked up some fruit pastels...which I threw in the bin before I could get at them! This is thanks to your motivating words! Thank you guys xx

Hi Em, glad to see you are back on the straight and narrow, why not shop around and look for that sexy party dress for christmas, you now know you will fit into it in a smaller size (target) and you will look fantastic!!!!Love

Back