Help with itunes!

krupskaya

Gold Member
Can anyone help me - I want to download some compilation cds onto my ipod touch but when I rip them to itunes they list the different artists as seperate albums.

I've looked up the tutorials on Apple and it says hit 'edit' then 'preferences' for the option to group compilations together but when I try to do this there is no option for compilations.

HELP, all you knowledgable peeps!

In the top right hand corner there are icons for different views, click the one so your music is showing as lists, then where the lists are click the album 'tab' so they are then ordered by album name & not artist name.

HTH:D

Hi Happy Holidays, thanks for the reply! I've put my music as a list of songs and clicked 'album' so they're in the correct albums now but...how do I copy them to my ipod in whole albums as this way the songs can only be dragged and dropped individually rather than as a whole album at once? Any ideas? Sorry if I'm totally thick!

From what I remember you can also sort on your ipod in the same way, when you switch on select Album or Artist or whatever order you're after and it will show those. You dont have to upload them in any special way, just select them by Artist once theyre there. Sorry, my ipod died some time ago so cant check it right now.

Thanks Ermintrude. I've selected 'album view' on my ipod and they're showing up as separate albums with just one song in them even though the they're the identical bl**dy album. Grrr!

Ah sorry, dont know what to to do then :(

Gave up on my ipod when it died. Could have something to do with me storing it in my bra every time I cant find my pocket. I do the same with my phone, really embarrassing when I forget about it and it goes off. This vibrating thing and then all these tunes coming from my bra, people look round and see me reaching inside my damn bra to answer it and going bright red in shame. Must. Stop. Doing. It. :eek:

Ah sorry, dont know what to to do then :(

Gave up on my ipod when it died. Could have something to do with me storing it in my bra every time I cant find my pocket. I do the same with my phone, really embarrassing when I forget about it and it goes off. This vibrating thing and then all these tunes coming from my bra, people look round and see me reaching inside my damn bra to answer it and going bright red in shame. Must. Stop. Doing. It. :eek:

you really shouldnt put your phone in your bra. very very dangerous. for the same reason that they think that it is causing testicular problems in men (as they keep them in their pocket) they think that it could be contributing to breast related problems, ie cancer.

I reckon Ill get ear cancer before boob cancer, but thanks anyway:D

I know what you mean now, I have this problem as well.

What I do (working from memory here so anything could happen:D) on itunes, highlight all the album, right click & select where you can update all the info (can't remember exact name), but a box comes up, with lots of tabs, where you can enter the album, genre, etc make sure you enter as much info as poss; then sync your ipod again & it should work.

Thanks Happy Holidays. Unfortunately I can't get that to work either. It's probably something really simple and I'll kick myself when I find it. It's just finding it is the problem!

This happened to me when I put one of my Live Lounge albums on there. Didn't happen before and hasn't happened since - bizarre! X

This happened to me when I put one of my Live Lounge albums on there. Didn't happen before and hasn't happened since - bizarre! X

Yes, it's bizarre isn't it Clara? I daren't even try putting my Live Lounge albums on (love them too!) because even if it's just the group with 'featuring x' added on it makes a separate album for that one song. So infuriating!

Good luck with that HH. You'd think Apple would think of a more user friendly system. Windows media player is much much easier to manage.

Yay! I've sussed it with the help of my friend Google! It seems lot's of people have this problem. FYI highlight the individual album, press control i, go to options or info (this varies if it's a single track or a multiple) and tick the box 'part of a compilation'. It then sorts all the albums into a single one. Sorted - I can download all my lovely compilation albums now!

krupskaya said:
Yay! I've sussed it with the help of my friend Google! It seems lot's of people have this problem. FYI highlight the individual album, press control i, go to options or info (this varies if it's a single track or a multiple) and tick the box 'part of a compilation'. It then sorts all the albums into a single one. Sorted - I can download all my lovely compilation albums now!

Will give it a try thanks! X

Thanks Michelle - that's really thoughtful of you. Yes - it should be much easier. That's Apple for you I'm afraid!

Back