(OT) Help with iPod and iTunes

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sticky, 14 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi gang -

I'm getting my OH the new iPod shuffle (it's so cool!) for his birthday and want to load it with songs before I give it to him.

But I have an iPod too and someone said there is sometimes conflict if you use two iPods with 1 iTunes library.

Can anyone help? I have it set to sync to iPod on command, so if I add his CDs to my library surely it's as simple as just syncing songs I say to?

Or did she mean bought songs from the iStore?

Any help will be great :) xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

i tried to fill my dads ipod up with songs and it totally wiped my itunes!! was not good.however as long as you are careful and make sure you click all the right buttons then it can work as i did manage to put one song onto my friends ipod.but you have to watch it very carefully! because i thought i had wiped his ipod at one point!

4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Gah!!! Why do they make it so bloody hard? He will love an ipod but if I lose my library I'll cry! Will back it up first in case lol x

5. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Create a second user account on your computer, just for him. Then log onto that and install iTunes there. It'll set up an blank iTunes configuration just for that user account and you can drag whatever tunes you want to it. I think you might be able to use the same iTunes store account on it too.

6. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(4.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oooo thanks! I will use our 'guest' account then and do it. Woo! Phew!

7. Andy R.

Andy R. Time for a change

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yeah u can, I've updated about 3 differnet iPods from my iTunes. Best thing to do is create a new playlist for Songs you want on his shuffle. When u connect it set the option on iTunes. To only synch selected playlists. Can be a pain at first. But you'll soon get the hang of it.

8. lunar jim

lunar jim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(4.72%)
    Diet:
    Slimfast
    Personally I found that to be a bit of a ballache, it was just easier to create two user accounts and do it that way. Lessing messing about with podcasts too

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.