5 4 3 to goal?? 12 stone to loose. 6 weeks in

stilltoowide

Hi All,

September 11th 2013 proved a milestone in my life - I went to SW and rejoined a shocking 25'5 this is the heaviest I have ever been in my life, I hit 23, 7 when pregnant with both my kids and seem to flaot between 18-23 for most of the last fews years, one year a big exception as I lost all the weight once before.

I have a touch of intermitant back problems and in September my little one started full time school, I managed to walk him there but had tears rolling donw my face on teh way home as my back was so painful. I suffer from acute anxiety which makes me stay inside at home as much as possible, although I know I have a fun adn loving nature, I have an amazing guy and 2 wonderful kids, I have got it all, and I feel my weight is my "only" curse.

My boys school is so close, not to be able to walk it comfortably has struck a real chord, my marvellous Mum has stepped into teh breech and loves it, and this takes a huge pressure off me. Well a catch 22, as to join a class I need to get out (very difficult) well after some "positive nagging" mum got em to go with her to a class, we take seperate cars so I know I can leave if I want. Well this was 6 weeks ago, after the official wi, I wish I could say I was shocked, but I wasn;t I have heavy duty 23.5 scales at home and for over 6 weeks they were say FFFF rather than a number so I knew I had exceeded it.

I had been on some meds for my anxiety since about easter and I feel this is were the last 2 stone went on so quick.

Well anyways I have always done Red days in the past, and have been very "not interested" in EE, I LOVE rice/pasta and do not enjoy the "standard" veg and I know I ma very sedentary and that pasta really layers on the fat for me, but this time I decided to embrace EE and see if I could prove it wrong!

Our group is very non judgemental and supportive, we have stayed every week and last week both signed up for the countdown plan to take us into the new year.

I have had 6 wi including the initial one - the following 5 have seen me loose every week apart from last week where i STS, I do feel it was unfair, and did feel gutted, BUT I have not let it de rail me like it may have done before. I know my path is long, I have decided to mentally break it up into 5, 4, 3.... this will be stone blocks, I think if I can get 5 stone done I will almost be out of the 20's then my next block will be 4 stone, then 3 stone, I am not sure if I will get to 2 and 1 and for now a weight of 13.5 sounds good, I am a short house and I know this weight is still too much BUT I looked alright at this weight in the past and felt curvy not troll like.

I have decided to do a diary as although the STS did not derail me, it nearly did, and maybe waffling on here will help keep me on track.

So since 11th September I have lost 20lbs, I am really hoping I will get my 1.5 award this week, 1lb will give it to me, and after STS last week, I would love to drop 3-4 lbs this week.

Thanks for reading :)

PS - does anyone know how I add the slimming world badges to my posts?

Back