Help with menu please?!

Could you ring them in advance and ask if it would be possible to have the roast cod with a fresh vegetable selection? That wouldn't be too bad. xx

Are you planning to go the atkins route- low carb, high fat- or stick with low-fat? If the former it looks like a good choice! I think most of the starters look low carbish- avoid the bread or sour dough! For the main, the bacon and fried egg looks the most ketosis friendly, or the pork belly, seabass without the rissotto, cod without the lentils.

Looks an incredibly fancy menu, I've never eaten in a place like that! Oh and I may be very wrong about carb contents.... am learning as I go!

Moosh, I might go the Atkins route... Not quite decided yet, guess I will see how I feel on the day... But the food there is gorgeous so I might have a nice starter and a main or maybe just a main to be good.

It does look very fancy and the food is gorgeous but it still tastes like homemade food with HUGE portions not like some fancy places when it looks like a bird has pood on your plate and smeared it :D

Good luck BrightonBetty I think the protein route will be best.

I cant believe you make sour dough bread , my OH is from the USA and he has been looking for this since he moved here ten years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Definitely go the atkins route - that would keep you in ketosis. Have a word with the chef! There are lots of proteins on there which if combined with salad or veges (rather than some form of carbs) wouldn't take you out of ketosis and would still be yummy!

Thank you! Luck is much needed as my favourite thing ever is foie gras and that certainly is not any diet friendly...

Ha, yes we do, in fact I know quite a few French places here that do sour dough bread! Look for French cafes/restaurants ;)

Thanks weasey, I will give that a try. Ask for meat of fish and leave everything out and just ask for veg... It will be upsetting but losing weight must be so much better, right?! :p

omg to get in and out of there without eating a desert........ that would be hard :) good luck hun x

Last time I went to eat there we had a 6 course meal for my birthday, Champagne, foie gras, mussels, duck, truffels and creme brulee - I have never felt so sick in my whole life! So I will try and remind myself of that feeling when I get tempted to order a dessert :lol: xx

Six courses yum! The sick full feeling isnt nice though.
I never realised it was made here, OH worked in Brighton for six months last year to, staying in Jurys Inn,near the station. If only he had known.

We are now up North, I will have to suggest a summer visit when I am thin. Lol :)

It was absolutely friggin' delicious but I honestly never want to feel like that ever again! Hope I will remember that next Tuesday!

I know Jury's Inn, my fiance used to work in a building right next to it! Brighton is lovely, so many different restaurants and places here. Let me know when you're back down, I will give you some names where you can find it! I am planning to be thin too by August so might be able to enjoy some too lol x

Ahhh cool, my OH was working near there to. At BUPA I think. Small world.

Yes I will, I will have to convince him first . Me and my daughter had a great time on the beach there. We loved it.

Yes I want to defo be thin by August. I can face another uncomfortable summer.

Back