Help with picking Christmas menu!!!

Mizzbecx

Going for Christmas meal in December and they are asking for choices already so please help me on starters....

it's either:-

Chicken and leek terrine with onion marmalade and toasted brioche

or

Roast butternut squash with herb sippets

I don't like the other options and they are even more unhealthy!! Does anyone have any ideas for which one would be better and any syn values?

For Mains I'm having the turkey dinner with homemade sage and onion stuffing (thinking of keeping 30 odd syns for this as in class we were told even add syns for the veg as they will probably all contain butter/oil etc)

Then a choice of desserts so will probably keep enough syns for a slab of cheesecake

Any help would be great as I am determined to have a Slimming World Christmas for the first time ever!!

I would go for the butternut squash as terrines usually use cream. No idea what a sipper is though!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another vote for the butternut squash here.

At my Xmas do last year I ate pretty much on plan for starter and main but did have a dessert. To balance this out I didn't drink and so I still managed to lose weight that week. I think it's all about your mindset because even when you're going off plan at the back of my head I knew that whatever I put on would only set me back the week after or the week after that.

Sippet stumped me too so . . . . .

sippets plural of sip·pet

Noun:

A small piece of bread or toast, used to dip into soup or sauce or as a garnish

I'd go with the BNS too. Personally, for mains I'd have the turkey & veg but only eat a smidge of the stuffing, spuds (I've even been known to ask for a small baked spud with mine). That would leave me with enough leeway to have a pud.

Yeah I have no idea what a sippet is either but when I find out I'll let you know lol, yeah just ordered the butternut squash soup and the Turkey dinner, think I'll leave the stuffing just stick to veg and turkey and keep syns for pud and wine :D

Thanks everyone!!!

Mizzbecx said:
Yeah I have no idea what a sippet is either but when I find out I'll let you know lol, yeah just ordered the butternut squash soup and the Turkey dinner, think I'll leave the stuffing just stick to veg and turkey and keep syns for pud and wine :D

Thanks everyone!!!

They're like croutons I think? Or it's a spelling mistake and it's meant to say sNippets :)

Back