Help with Sunday Lunch

Blondiejules

After reading some posts on here about hair loss and being ill , if you dont AAM week. It has made me think! Good job really ! As I was thinking I wasn't going to AAM .

I've been on TS for 10 days now. I haven't weighed myself yet. But my clothes are feeling loose :)

I am going to have chicken and Brussels and cauliflower for dinner. How much of each can I have (cooked) on my plate to keep me in ketosis. And could I wrap some bacon over chicken to spice it up? And how much of this?

Also how carbs a day can you roughly have before you are knocked out of ketosis?

Hope someone can help, Thanks :)

i too wasnt planning on an AAM week but doing much the same in having a regular WS day and have if needed had a munch on cucumber anyway

your sunday lunch sounds good, yes bacon is fine for ketosis. you can have up to 20g of "good" carbs and still be in ketosis

I don’t get posts like this. This is a VLCD. By this, you’re supposed to be eating about 600 cals a day, every day. Alongside several litres of water. The rules are simple. Three packs and lots of water, it is. But you now say, after just ten days, you’re going to have half a Sunday lunch? Seeing as there’s remarkably little evidence about the validity of this ‘knocking me out of ketosis’ stuff, just rely on a more basic formula. The more cals you consume, the harder it is to lose weight.

So, if you’re consuming 600 cals a day and, one day, decide to put back 1600, we don’t need Stephen Dawkins on hand to figure out the consequences.

Sorry, I may have read your original post wrong. But - the thing is - having read quite a lot of posts on here from previous subscribers, it is obvious that many are critical of the Exante diet when they've only part followed it. You really must stay focused on the basics of the diet itself, or you won't succeed. I know, I've been there! Try and make this first month 100% free from any cheating whatsoever, and then see where you are in mid to late February. Perhaps, once a decent quantity of weight has gone, you can then look at a more appropriate solution longer-term.

Hope this helps.

not bein funny - but i have done a WS day which adds a meal in and have lost 8lbs and its not even a full week yet
ketosis is a proven thing - i have been on atkins prior to doing this so have read oooodles of the books and researched it. it was tough to stick to phase 1, exante is so much easier. Once I hit goal on exante I will be going back to atkins for maintenance as its more forgiving of mistakes.
what the OP said was perfectly acceptable and lots here do WS and get the same results as on TS. shes having a low fat low carb meal which fits the exante criteria for WS so whats your beef.

Last edited by a moderator:
not bein funny - but i have done a WS day which adds a meal in and have lost 8lbs and its not even a full week yet
ketosis is a proven thing - i have been on atkins prior to doing this so have read oooodles of the books and researched it. it was tough to stick to phase 1, exante is so much easier. Once I hit goal on exante I will be going back to atkins for maintenance as its more forgiving of mistakes.
what the OP said was perfectly acceptable and lots here do WS and get the same results as on TS. shes having a low fat low carb meal which fits the exante criteria for WS so whats your beef.

Ok I know I dont agree with some of the threads/posts by Frosted but to insult someone like that is just plain rude and out of order.
There is no need for harsh, ugly words like that when all he was doing was giving his opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Blue Butterfly and yes, some of us on here are just plain fat with no medical reason for it but thats why we are here, we all have the same goal at the end of the day.

I can kind of see Frosted's point. When I did exante for 6 weeks before christmas until I got ill (unrelated to the diet), I did a WS day at the end of the very first week and something snapped inside my head and a little voice kept telling me it was okay to eat things like nuts and bits of quorn really often and once you get in that mindset its hard to get out of it again. This time I am doing complete 100% TS for a month (with two exceptions), just shakes, tesco bars and water otherwise I know I won't make my goal.

As for the original question, use something like myfitnesspal or mydailyplate to calculate the carbs, protein and fat in a meal as they tend to have generic foods on there.
FF :eek:

FrostedLuckyCharm said:
I don’t get posts like this. This is a VLCD. By this, you’re supposed to be eating about 600 cals a day, every day. Alongside several litres of water. The rules are simple. Three packs and lots of water, it is. But you now say, after just ten days, you’re going to have half a Sunday lunch? Seeing as there’s remarkably little evidence about the validity of this ‘knocking me out of ketosis’ stuff, just rely on a more basic formula. The more cals you consume, the harder it is to lose weight.

So, if you’re consuming 600 cals a day and, one day, decide to put back 1600, we don’t need Stephen Dawkins on hand to figure out the consequences.

Sorry, I may have read your original post wrong. But - the thing is - having read quite a lot of posts on here from previous subscribers, it is obvious that many are critical of the Exante diet when they've only part followed it. You really must stay focused on the basics of the diet itself, or you won't succeed. I know, I've been there! Try and make this first month 100% free from any cheating whatsoever, and then see where you are in mid to late February. Perhaps, once a decent quantity of weight has gone, you can then look at a more appropriate solution longer-term.

Hope this helps.

And this from the man who wanted to know if he could have a kebab and chips last night

I was under the impression that cauliflower was a no no?

Back