help with teatime needed!

zebedee1

Hi
I am a new member on here and also new to the Cambridge Diet. I am doing the SS plan - 3 shakes a day! Can anyone help? I am absolutely fine during the day until about 5pm. Start doing tea for kids etc and that has always been my hungriest time of day, going into the evenings - worst time of day i know! I have been doing this plan for three days now and every day at this time i have had something to eat - nothing major - and then skipped a shake thinknig it will counteract itself calorie wise. Will this massively affect my weigh-in on Monday? What does everyone else do at this time of day? Also, i am chewing gum like its going out of fashion to counter-act bad breath etc - is this ok?

Hi, Have you tried the soups, I took advice from my CDC and have soup for lunch and tea as they really make you feel that you have had something to eat, really like the spicy tomato and chicken and mushroom ones, going to try the leek and potato / vegetable tomorrow. The cheese & brocolli is YUK!

and then skipped a shake thinknig it will counteract itself calorie wise.

You must must must always have all of your shakes in a day, as these contain all the vitamins minerals and nutrients that your body needs.

What does everyone else do at this time of day?

Once you are in Ketosis this should become less of an issue, but you may want to think about having your 'lunch shake' later so that when it comes to tea time you are full. I always keep a pint of water next to me when I am cooking and keep it by me and sip it.

Also, i am chewing gum like its going out of fashion to counter-act bad breath etc - is this ok?

Some people find that the chewing action makes them hungry! so this may not help you! As long as you have all your water and brush your teeth 2/3 times a day as normal your breath won't smell.

Thanks for quick replies. I might try the soups actually as with it being so cold at the mo, might help. The other thing is, does anyone else find the water thing hard. I never ever drink water ever since i can remember. I do drink tonnes of tea, juice and squash, milk etc but never water on its own. I am trying to drink enough water as i know its essential for this diet but it keeps making me gag...

I am lucky in that I don't really get hungry much during the day. That means that generally I don't have my first pack until 3pm. I then sit down with OH and have a pack at 5pm (soup in a bowl like a proper meal) and then I have a milkshake at 7ish and finally a lovely bar at 9pm.

I glug water between 9am and 3pm and I guess that keeps me full. Occasionally I get hungry around lunch time in which case I have 1/2 soup pack which makes me a full magic bullet cup of soup.

Maybe try and have your packs a little later. Some nights I feel like I am being really naughty but it works for me, although it might not for everyone. No way could I get through this if I had a pack for breakfast then one for lunch - I would be going mad come evening time. Experiment and find what works for you.

Jess

hi im new to this on my first day gone well so far but find the soups taste powdery can i add a litle pepper to mask the powdery taste i am used to adding pepper to soups

Hi Zebedee

Depending on what your "nothing major" to eat has been over the last 3 days it might affect your weigh in on Monday. Just one slice of toast can cause you to retain literally lbs of water, but it will be just that - water.

Also regarding the gum, go easy as if you're chewing loads of it the calories and carbs can soon mount up.

xx

hi im new to this on my first day gone well so far but find the soups taste powdery can i add a litle pepper to mask the powdery taste i am used to adding pepper to soups

Hi - glad your 1st day is going well.

Yes you're allowed black pepper and/or a sprinkling of herbs (go easy on spices like curry powder though, and most spice mixes are out too as they contain salt).

I found some soups were more powdery than others, I found chicken and mushroom very powdery but leek & potato or plain mushroom much less so.

ok thanks just one other thing can you add more water to shakes porridge and soup ect to make the portions seem a little bigger

Yes you can - also adding ice to shakes is a popular one even in this cold weather! Check out the recipes sticky on the main CD forum, it has loads of "recipe" ideas.

thats great many thanks

Hi- its my third day today. My cdc didn't had any apple & cinnamon porridge. Can I put little bit of cinnamon powder in my plain cd porridge?

Thanks Serena for quick reply. I am looking forward for my porridge tomorrow. I had tofee&walnut shake for tea today and didn't like at all.

I don't find the soups powdery at all but I do put more water in, I have a large mug and fill it to nearly the top.

Also, i am chewing gum like its going out of fashion to counter-act bad breath etc - is this ok?
Chewing gum is not a good idea. the act of chewing will get the acids in your stomach going cause it thinks you are giving it food it will need to digest. this will make you feel hungry and in the long run can give you problems with your stomach. stick to mouthwash for the bad breath. also, drinking lots of water helps with bad breath. and drinking peppermint tea.

Hi Zebedee I have been feeling the same especially today (day 7) I am not sure if it is because it is sooooo cold. I came in from work and had an extra shake (Chocolate and made it hot). I figured an extra shake would be a lot better than eating and it worked took the hunger away and still left me on 500ish calories a day. Try it and see how you get on. I wouldn't suggest every day just those annoying days we all seem to get where you could eat your arm!!!!
x

anything new i try i only mix half a packet, and if its awfull i can have half of what i like

liz xx

Back