Help with wedding music

I will succeed!!!
Help!

The piece of music I picked to walk down the ailse to is a piece by Clannad...it's beautiful Gaelic (Irish Gaelic) music for those who don't know them...anyway, I got it into my head that it was called something else and therefore about something else (I love their stuff but the titles are often weird) and it actually turns out to be The Theme From Harry's Game and therefore about war. Though, given it's not in English, most people won't know what it is about - I now realise the meaning behind it and not sure it will be right to use.

But, we've hired a harpist and she's happy to learn up to 2 pieces for us that she doesn't yet play.

Thing is, she needs to know asap - she's 9 months pregnant so wants more time to learn the pieces between now and the wedding given her schedule is getting busier ;)

I don't want religious music, or the wedding march...any ideas?

I was thinking of asking for her to learn Stand Inside Your Love by the Smashing Pumpkins as it's my fave song anyway, and OH was picking a new piece too - but it's a rock ballad and might not work out and then won't be good to use to enter with.

Any ideas would be grand!

Thanks xx

Love Walked In by Thunder :D That would be awesome! I may use that idea myself one day ;)

This is nicked from the episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica got married, but I loved it-in that episode the violinist played Everlong by the Foo Fighters.
I do like the Smashing Pumpkins idea, that's one of my favourite songs. Have you ran that one past the harpist?

Oooo, Metallica - Nothing Else Matters! That would be awesome on a harp!

Thanks for the ideas people!

The Harpist is loving the idea of something along the rock line - she's played U2 and Bon Jovi songs before on the harp so hopefully this will transpire.

I m liking the Foo Fighter idea Everlong is another fave tune. But I think SPs pip that particular song to the post. Another option for later in the day is Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. And she's already learnt Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. She is infact a genius!

Thanks! I'm going to make a list and run it past her ;) x

I got married in June last year and walked down the aisle to Luther Vandros & Mariah Carey - Endless Love, it brought a tear to my husbands eye. I walked out to Barry White Your My 1st, My Last my everything.

The other songs I was thinking of was Shania Twain - From this Moment on which is beautiful.

My first dance song was Take That - Greatest Day as it was No. 1 when my son was born so was special to the 3 of us.

Hope they help. XX

Thanks for the replies folks. OH has chosen a funny song to walk out on - Queen's 'Another One Bites The Dust'. Given our guests know us both well they'll appreciate this to be Jim's choice and will find it funny (I hope). Hehehe.

I wanted Stand Inside Your Love as our first dance, because to me the words summarise love perfectly. But it's not a known song and it's not something other's may *get* which is why the harp version might kill two birds with one stone.

Soooo the hunt is on to find our dance song - we might actually do something silly like Candy Man by Christina Aguilera and just do a lively dance - it's a song we always dance to and it's special to us in a different way.

It's crazy how much time it takes to think of things!

Harpist is happy to learn the two songs. May have Iris played while we sign the register :)

Oooo 'citing!

Thanks again! xxx

Back