Help!!

traceyjayne

I need some low fat meal ideas,im starting to get bored now and feel if i might go off track soon,please help xxxxxxxxx

One of my fave meals is sea food pasta. All you need is wholewheat pasta ( I prefer spaghetti), tomato pasta sauce ( check the label though as some contain olive oil, so you want to avoid them), and a packet of seafood cocktail (mussels, squid and prawns). Cook the pasta, mix the sauce and seafood together and heat through, once cooked, toss together and serve :)
If you have an ASDA near you, they have a beef mince that is less than 5% fat, so you could use that to make bolognese.
I also use turkey a lot, particularly the sliced fillets. Wee splash of Worcestershire Sauce on them, bung them under the girl, serve with potatoes and loads of green veggies :)

Chicken curry is yummy. I dry fry the chicken add cumin, garam massala (sp?), salt pepper and cook for a few mins. Add thinly sliced mushrooms, onions, courgette, peppers, potato if you fancy and then bung in some tinned tomatoes. Cook until all soft and cooked through. I have this with a mini naan bread. Although the naan is over the 5g in 100g rule, it is 5g of fat in total and I have not had a reaction with it.

I also make a stir fry. I cheat and but the ready made stir fry veggies, bung in chicken and add soy sauce and salt and pepper. This is yummy

Erm.. I made turkey pie the other day. Dry fried turkey breast cubed added mushrooms, onions and peas and par cooked it all. Made a little white sauce to help bind all the ingredience together and popped it all in an over proof dish. I them cooked and mashed potato and put this on top of the mixture. Popped it in the over for about 40 mins on Gas 5 and hey presto, yummy

Erm.....Risotto rice cooked with a stock cube in to add flavour, add any cooked veggies to it maybe even a little chicken and I stir in a little low fat cream cheese to it too

Cous cous is another fav of mine. I add garlic finely chopped, sundried toms, fresh corriander, thinly cut yellow pepper, spring onions, lemon jucie and salt and pepper. I have this as a cold dish with maybe some fish or chicken breast.

Hope this helps. Will add more ideas as I think of them,

Charlie xx

Last night i made quorn chilli con carne....in fact so much of it that theres another 2 portions in the freezer!

I like quorn mince and also use it to make cottage pie and spaghetti bolognaise.

Another of my faves is roasted vegetables (courgette butternut squash peppers onions etc) served with chicken or fish.

Also stirfrys are filling and quick. Or make a curry with a jar of weight watchers curry. Others on here swear by the ww pizzas.

Hope that gives you some ideas x

thank ladies i will try them all xxxxx

Back