HELP!!!!!

katieo

Hi everyone

I really need some advice, I've just finished a week with CD and as it was making me feel depressed I decided not to carry on with it.

Determined not to gain the 9lb I had worked so hard to lose I joined WW last night.

I have heard that when you come out of ketosis you gain back water and I'm so worried than when I go for my meeting next week the scales are going to tell me what I don't wanna hear!!! Whenever I've been to WW in the past I have had a great loss first week but this time I might be peed off to find I've put on when I have stuck to my points!!

Anyone been in this situation?

X katie

Welcome to WW :) There are a couple of people on here whove made that transition, Im sure one will be along very soon with some help :)

When I swapped I had no rebound weight gain, just make sure for the first week you have very little carbs. i spent 2 weeks just gradually increasing the amount, I didnt loose any weight but I stayed the same and have started to loose again this week, and have lost 3lbs. I make it a general rule not to have too many carbs anyway. For example I dont eat bread anymore I eat Matzo crackers, they are massive and are only 1 point.

Also limit the amount of potatoes and pasta you have, i tend to avoid it completley and get my carb intake from fibourous veg instead.
good luck xx

Thanks for your replies Pinkdiamond and Starlight

Pinkdiamond

I followed a WW menu today,full of fruit, veg and good stuff but it did include some carbs.

I'm feeling good and not ravenous, some people have experienced this when coming out of ketosis, say they cannot stop eating, but I'm OK.

I've had the crackers before and enjoyed them, didn't realise they were so low though, think I'll get some when I go food shopping.

thanks!

X Katie

Hi Katie,

I started WW two weeks ago, you get a booklet with a weeks menu, i never stuck to the menu but i did variations of the menu with what was in my cupboards and lost 6 1/2lb my first week. I also have done CD and didn't have any trouble converting.

Good luck

Rach

Hi Rachel and Bethany

I don't normally follow the menus, just do my own thing but after starving all week on CD the menus looked great and they manage to stretch the points sooooo far, so thought I'd give them a go. Made a few changes though, I reckon it gets expensive if you buy everything on the shopping list, would cost 60 quid just to feed me!! I know you can't put a price on good health but if you can do it cost effectively, why not?

X Katie

Good to hear you are enjoying the switch over. Its SO nice to eat normally isnt it? xx

Hey Katie, Ive just done the opposite he he! You should expect a little gain nothing to drastic just water weight and glycogen. If you stick to WW 100% then theres no way that 9lbs will come back in one week xxx

Hi Bethany,

Yes you get a small booklet which is a fast track for your first week so you can decide which diet to follow (core or points), and it has Breakfast, Dinner and Tea with all the points per meal. I never brought the shopping list, just used what was in my cupboards by using my point counter. Have been shopping since and its put about £15 more on my shopping bill, only because if been making sure i eat my 5 a day, so its gone on fruit and veg. Now that can't be bad.

Rach

Back