help!

sascha

sorry for this silly post. On day 4 SSing. haven't eaten all day. had a glass of red wine at the pub. now home - what should I do. Have three or just two packs or what? any ideas. will try and stay on the wagon. have I buggered it all up?

ps the vino tasted good though....

pps Find it almost impossible to do the packs during the day - I've never liked shakes. is it absolutely wrong to have bars on SS?

Hi,:)

They always say dont skip meals, but to be honest if I've had a blip I tend to reduce the damage by dropping a meal and upping the water.

bm2lm xx

Hiya - have the rest of your packs.....lots of water...and draw a line under it ! ;)

Debz
xx

pps Find it almost impossible to do the packs during the day - I've never liked shakes. is it absolutely wrong to have bars on SS?

Me again !!

ONE bar per day is fine - from week 3 onwards....have you tried the soups ??? or the Tetras (ready made)...they might be a better option for you.....:rolleyes:

don't let one glass of vino push you off course.....GET BACK ON THAT WAGON GIRL !!!!

Debz
xx

Phew, Debz... that was a close one - but thanks so much. feeling more positive now. plus day four - and people have already noticed... I will not give in. Just shows you though. alcohol = not only excess calories - but serious willpower weakener!

thanks so much again - going to brew up and have my soup.

Phew, Debz... that was a close one - but thanks so much. feeling more positive now. plus day four - and people have already noticed... I will not give in. Just shows you though. alcohol = not only excess calories - but serious willpower weakener!

thanks so much again - going to brew up and have my soup.

GOOD GIRL !!! will be keeping an eye on ya !! :p

alcohol is NOT NOT NOT the CD-ers friend......avoid like the plague !!! ;)

love

Debz
xx

Oh dearie me!!! alcohol....I made that mistake. My pictures are in the gallery from the night I drank on Sole Source...it was not good!!! :jelous:

Fab work at getting back on track there though!!! ;):D

xx

sorry for this silly post. On day 4 SSing. haven't eaten all day. had a glass of red wine at the pub. now home - what should I do. Have three or just two packs or what? any ideas. will try and stay on the wagon. have I buggered it all up?

ps the vino tasted good though....

Hi sascha,

You need to be drinking your water throughout the day and you can have all your packs in the evening.

More than one bar can cause very bad wind and also two bars could take you out of ketosis if your carb sensitive.

Drinking while on a vlcd SSing is a no, no!

DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL IF YOU ARE KETOTIC!

Alcohol is a powerful inhibitor of gluconeogenesis. In fact, it forces part of the gluconeogenic metabolic process into reverse. This means that if all the glucose in the blood is being derived from gluconeogenesis then the consumption of alcohol will inevitably cause the blood glucose level to fall. Worse still, the alcohol also stops ketone body production, thus leaving the brain entirely without fuel.

A person who is ketotic is 100% reliant on gluconeogenesis to maintain adequate levels of glucose in the blood. If, under these circumstances alcohol is taken, the person will become disorientated and might lose consciousness, not just from the alcohol, but from low blood sugar. Needless to say, this could be very dangerous, and even fatal.

Alcohol does not have these effects if the glycogen stores in the liver are normal. Under these circumstances the blood glucose level in the blood is maintained by the breakdown of liver glycogen, a process that is not influenced by alcohol. If a person becomes confused under these circumstances it is due simply to the pharmacological effects of the alcohol

http://academic.sun.ac.za/medphys/ketosis.htm

Love Mini xxx

Oh Dear. I stand chastised! thanks Mini - thought it had taken effect rather quickly! I shall be a cheap date once this is all over!

Oh Dear. I stand chastised! thanks Mini - thought it had taken effect rather quickly! I shall be a cheap date once this is all over!

a SKINNY cheap date !!!! lol

Debz
xx

Hi sascha,

Your right, it will take very little to get you tipsy once your off the drink for a few months.:giggle:

But just think how happy you will be with your new figure and all the money you will have saved up to spend on new clothes:D

Love Mini xxx

Hi Sascha - its me "lovies" from work here!
how you doing?
come on honey, you can do this.
you have the will, now you just need the power to back it up with.
its all mind over matter in this CD caper!
you can stand up to peoples ignorance.
this diet does work - it really does work honest!!
if you cant manage the SSing then i will do the 790 with you, but i find it easier to SS as nothings allowed for a month and then introduce the 790. if you need the 790 tho i will do it with you. we can loooose together and help each other out if we feel were going to fall off the wagon!

Back