HELP

dendri

I need some help. I want to make Dukan bread but have read so many different versions for different phases. Does anyone know a recpie suitable for cruise??

Hi, there are a few out there.

I make one with yeast in the oven, and another is done in the microwave. I'll see if I can find them in my recipe folders.

[h=2]Dukan Bread[/h][h=2]Ingredients[/h]Baking powder1 tsp
Cornstarch 2 tbsp
Cream of tartara pinch
Eggs 4
Oat bran 6 tbsp
Salt Dash
Skimmed milk powder 4 tbsp
Spices & HerbsTo taste (I’ve used Rosemary&Thyme in one lot and Garlic Powder&Basil)
Splenda1/4 tbsp or more
Yeast 1 tsp
[h=2]Instructions[/h]1 Set oven at 325F degrees
2 Separate the whites from the yolks.
3 Mix dry ingredients together.
4 Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until they form a peak.
5 At slow speed, incorporate the egg yolks.
6 Still on slow speed add the dry ingredients 1 tbsp at a time scraping the sides of the bowl.
7 Mix for a few minutes then put into a bread pan / Yorkshire 4 medium size Tin) in oven for approximately 25 minutes.

Dukan Bread in the Microwave
(Pain de Mie Dukan)

2 tb oatbran
1 tb wheat bran
1 tb quark
1 egg
1 level ts baking powder
small pinch of salt if preferred

Mix all ingredients and beat well. pour into a greasproof base lined microwaveable dish with straight sides (I used one of those plastic takeaway dishes).

Microwave on full power for 3 mins. you may need to adjust the time. at 800W I took mine out after 2mins 30 secs and it was done.

Take out of dish and leave to cool on a rack. It comes out very moist and somewhat 'rubbery', but quite a light spongy open texture. I left it out to cool & dry out a bit overnight. Depending on the size and shape of your dish you should be able to slice it convincingly for 'sandwiches'. I had some for breakfast with some cottage cheese. Lovely. More for lunch with my smoked trout treat

Note: this contains ALL your bran allowance for a day so if you eat the lot then no other porridge, galette or cake allowed

I use this one all the time, I bought a tiny silicon loaf tin and then I cut it in half. It means I use half a days allowance and this leaves me enough bran for my morning porridge.

I use this one (oven baked) and I have two slices every day. Dukan Bread |

However, I do make these changes:

6 tablespoons of Wheat Bran v 8 in recipe
2 full eggs and 1 egg white v 3 full in recipe

I also have a silicone loaf tin which means it just pops out with no hassle.

My family have tried this bread as well and they love it. I have to make it for my Dad now too!!

Minnie, what do you use in place of the wheatgerm....no clue what that is or where I would by it. to be honest i don't know if I would use it other than the bread.

Minnie, what do you use in place of the wheatgerm....no clue what that is or where I would by it. to be honest i don't know if I would use it other than the bread.

Hey DF, thats the recipe I use as well and I just use the wheatgerm. You buy it in supermarkets or H&B. The texture is a bit like oatbran but its more yellowy in colour.

How is wheatgerm different to wheatbran? Seems a lot of wheat.

I made one today with the other recipe I use with yeast, decent sizes and can add lovely herbs to it. Rosemary and thyme today LOL.

Bran is the outside rusk, germ is the inside. Comparing the stats per 100g wheatbran is 14g protein, 26.8g carbs of which 3.8 is sugar, 5.5g fat. Wheatgerm is 28g protein, 36g carbs of which 15 is sugar, 9.3g fat.

ahh so a bit of a difference then LOL. Might try making it without the germ then, see how I go. Next loaf that is LOL

my bread tasted really eggy and was extremely hard to swallow, i did the microwave one without the wheat bran, is this the problem?

Err I don't know hun, I've only ever made it with the wheatbran, it probably needs that extra bran amount. You can get it in H&B quite cheap.

I have always found mine quite springy, I leave it to cool for a couple of hours and then slice in half. Sometimes if you don't take it out of the tub quick enough it sweats a bit at the bottom. If you are using one of the chinese tubs that we get takeway in (used to LOL) I would put a piece of greaseproof in the bottom. I now have a very small silicon loaf tin that I got in the Range. Its excellent for this purpose. I quite often add herbs to my loaves too, rosemary and thyme, garlic and basil to name but two combinations.

i found a different version in my recipe book

15grams fromage frais
15 grams quark
1tsp yeast
1 level tab of cornflour

mix, cover and microwave for 5 minutes

Have to say I really enjoyed it.

Back