Help

angel1986

Hi guys, I'm nicola and I'm seriously thinking About joining slimming world, I think the diet wil suit me after being on lipotrim a couple of months ago. Does anyone have any tips on how to motivate myself to go to a meeting? Iv moved to a different part of Ireland to live with my fiancée and I know nobody and have never been to any slimming groups before so I'm quite nervous :/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Nicola!

Welcome to minimins :)

The best advice I can give you is JUST DO IT! You're not gonna feel more comfortable about going until you just go and then you'll love it :)

The more you think about going and not going you'll jus get more nervous, stop thinking and start doing :)

And this forum is the BEST for tips/advice/support so always pop back here

Good luck!!

Thanks Laurajade I'm defo starting this week otherwise it will be out the window lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You don't need to "motivate yourself". Make a note in your diary, put a post-it note on the fridge, whatever you normally do when you make an appointment to do something, and just GO!

The fact that you don't know anybody is an incentive in itself...you could get to know some lovely people ;-) good luck x

give the consultant a ring and tell her you're coming and she'll look out for you, makes it less likely that you'll bottle out if someone is expecting you.

well done for deciding to join up, and try not to think of it as a diet, more a healthy eating and living plan xx

Ive never been to a SW meeting where I havent felt welcomed honesty everyone has been there and I know it sounds naff but no one is there judging yiu

When I joined I was the only man in a group of over 50 women! The consultant soon made me feel "part of the group" and now I try to befriend new members.We have a great group with regulars who stay to all the meetings, you will soon feel part of the group, more so if you stay through each session to the end.
Pete

Back