Green Days Help!!

bridetobeelle

Hello!

I have been on slimming world for two weeks now as I am trying to lose 2.5 stone before my wedding next year.
I have only broken it for one day when I went to a friends wedding and couldn't control the food available.
I have been low on subs every day and yet..... I haven't moved a bit! I read all these stories of people shifting at least a few pounds on the first week. But not me!
Whyyy? Please help!

My consultant was talking about this a few weeks ago. She said that while a lot of people get a great loss in the first week, a lot of others don't and that's perfectly normal. She said that a lot of people take until week 2 to get a loss. Please hang on in there and I'm sure you'll get the results you are after :)

Definitely hang on in there. I was disappointed to only lose 1.5lbs in my first week, then went on the lose 3.5lbs in my 2nd week. 3rd WI tomorrow and I definitely feel slimmer!

That's the thing, I do feel a bit slimmer and have been told I look a bit slimmer but the scales disagree. I have been having hardly any syns in th e hope to hurry up my losses as I need to get trying on dresses for my wedding!
I haven't been drinking much water, could this be the reason? Thanks guys :)

You need to eat syns or you aren't following the plan and won't lose weight properly, I'm afraid. You should have at least 5 a day. This is because if you're eating too few calories then your body will retain the fat. You do also need to drink lots of water to encourage your body to flush everything out properly and to prevent constipation. So up your syns and water intake and I'm sure you'll see better losses. :)

I'm with Jen on that one. I've discovered that I have better losses in the weeks where I average 10-12 syns than I do when I have far less!

Gosh. That is a surprise! Ok well hello options hot chocolate!! I'll make sure I have at least 5 and see how I go.
Thank you :)

Well it depends how desperate I get! Haha! I had some butter on my mash and an options hot choc but that's still not 5 syns. I better get creative!

Try making your hot choc with half milk half water for extra syns, or chopping up a flump on top for 1.5 extra syns. Use a tbsp olive oil to fry food instead of frylight - 6 syns there. Or have a hifi/alpen light with brekky, 3 syns each. A small glass of fresh orange juice is 2.5 syns (for 150mls I think). Good luck! :)

I maintained the 1st week and was SOO! Disappointed nearly gave up I had been so good hardly any Syns
C told me your're not eating enough ! Use your Syns and eat more otherwise your body goes to starvation mode!
From then lost every week to loose over 2st and get to Target
So do not despair just keep at it and eat plenty SF and free food as well as your Syns !

Thanks so much everyone. I'm doing it myself from home as with all the wedding costs I just can't afford to go to the group so I'm trying to work out quite a lot that the books don't tell me! I read somewhere you need to eat 1/3 super free foods ie. fruit/veg? Is this right or can it be free foods? I am on the green plan if that helps.

On EE it is important that at mealtimes 1/3 of your plate is filled with superfree - veggies, salad etc. Apparently it's not quite as important if you only do Green but I suppose that's because you probably eat more fruit and veg naturally anyway. I generally have at least 1/3 superfree though. I think someone also told me that if your meal contains some or all of your Healthy Extra allowance, it's not necessary to have the 1/3 superfree. Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong though.

That's the thing, with meals I tend to have quorn potatoes or pasta but then I have fruit for breakfast and snacks all day! Thanks for your help :) x

That's the thing, with meals I tend to have quorn potatoes or pasta but then I have fruit for breakfast and snacks all day! Thanks for your help :) x

I suppose that's where we're different. I don't like quorn or so usually my meals are bulked out with veggies.

Let me know if I can help with anything else x

I do t understand what I'm doing wrong! I weighed myself and I've still only lost 2lbs! I haven't broken the diet once. I've been really good and had between 5-10 syns a day. I've been walking, not loads but some and that's it! 2lbs!!!!! What am I doing wrong and why can't I see a substantial loss like everyone else?!?!

You're not doing anything wrong. Everyone's bodies are different and 2lb is a good loss. Although I had a big loss in my first week, I actually gained in my second!! I know some people get massive weight losses but I truly believe that slow and steady is the way to go - certainly for me, it feels more like I'll be able to sustain that.

Keep your chin up and keep going and you'll start to notice the differrence soon. Maybe measure yourself too, you might end up losing inches even if the results on the scales aren't quite what you want x

I had a 2lb loss in my first week. I am now 4 stone 8 lbs down now. I'd echo that the more syns you eat the better - I aim for 15 each day still. Post a food diary on here and people may be able to give you some advice.

Why is it that the more syns the better? I read somewhere 7 syns a day was optimum?
I really struggle to get any syns in. I have an options hot chocolate and honey on my breakfast and I can never get more than that in!!

Back