Green Days Help!!

My average day is 2 bananas with fat free fromagefrais and 3 tsp honey (3 syns)
Lunch is either carrot and coriander soup (heb) or homemade frittata which is Syn free. With an apple, 2 pineapple fruit pots, 2 alpen bars (heb) and a mug shot. All syn free.
Dinner is either pasta or potatoes with homemade syn free sauces, veg and salad. It always varies but its almost always syn free.
I have an options hot choc (2 syns) afterwards.
I drink tea (heb) and water....

Why is it that the more syns the better? I read somewhere 7 syns a day was optimum?
I really struggle to get any syns in. I have an options hot chocolate and honey on my breakfast and I can never get more than that in!!

Quite honestly, I can't answer that. The whole plan is all about learning what is right for you. Personally, I aimed for about 10 syns the first few weeks and lost loads one week then gained the next. Since then I've had weeks where my syns have worked out about 5 per day and I've had small losses and then weeks where I've had about 15 syns a day and had bigger losses. Based on that, I aim to keep my syns on the higher side. The whole plan is about learning your own body and what will work for you.

Don't you ever fancy a biccie or some crisps?! Or a glass of wine? These are perfect ways to treat yourself and use up syns.

My average day is 2 bananas with fat free fromagefrais and 3 tsp honey (3 syns)
Lunch is either carrot and coriander soup (heb) or homemade frittata which is Syn free. With an apple, 2 pineapple fruit pots, 2 alpen bars (heb) and a mug shot. All syn free.
Dinner is either pasta or potatoes with homemade syn free sauces, veg and salad. It always varies but its almost always syn free.
I have an options hot choc (2 syns) afterwards.
I drink tea (heb) and water....

Is the carrot & coriander soup a ready made one as you are counting it as HEB? If it's home made it will be free. Milk in your tea is HEA not HEB. You definitely need to have more syns.

Denise

Well I'm still struggling. I've been so good trying new recipes and trying to up my syns. I've read that a lot of people don't have much luck on green because of all the carbs but I'm veggie so it's hard for me to do red.
I'm wondering what I'm doing and perhaps I should just try a carb free diet instead as I've been doing this for 3 weeks and I weighed in 4 days ago with only a 2lb loss! I'm scared to Ben get on the scales!
I think the problem can only be that I eat carbs! Or don't drink enough water.
Would really appreciate your help. I'm losing hope and getting really down imagining looking fat on all my wedding photos ?

Well I'm still struggling. I've been so good trying new recipes and trying to up my syns. I've read that a lot of people don't have much luck on green because of all the carbs but I'm veggie so it's hard for me to do red.
I'm wondering what I'm doing and perhaps I should just try a carb free diet instead as I've been doing this for 3 weeks and I weighed in 4 days ago with only a 2lb loss! I'm scared to Ben get on the scales!
I think the problem can only be that I eat carbs! Or don't drink enough water.
Would really appreciate your help. I'm losing hope and getting really down imagining looking fat on all my wedding photos ?

I have lost 4st 7.5lb doing green days ago I'm sure it won't be that. When you say you don't drink enough what are you drinking? You can retain water if you don't drink enough causing you to gain weight.

I've lost over 2st in 6 months only doing Green so I agree with helzzz that it probably isn't that. I hope you don't mind me being brutally honest but I think perhaps you're just expecting too much. I had a chat with my consultant last week and she worked out that I'd lost an average of just over 1.5lb per week and said that that was an ideal weight loss. Of course everyone is different so some people will lose more than others but perhaps you need a more 'radical' diet if you are looking for quicker results. The biggest tips I could give you if you want to stick with SW are to drink plenty of water, have your Hexs but make sure they are accurately measured, have at least the minimum amount of syns and do whatever exercise you are able to. Try keeping a food/exercise diary so that people can see exactly what you are doing and can provide constructive feedback. You could also try looking at a couple of vegetarian diaries on here for tips and ideas.

Best of luck xx

I knew it would all come good for you, well done! I hope this will keep you motivated to stick with the plan now xx

You also need to only weigh once a week. It can be really demotivating if you keep jumping on the scales and you've "only" lost half a pound and then a day or two later you've gained it back.

You have to remember that our weight varies throughout the day so just keep it simple - Weigh In once a week, on the same scales and at the same time and preferably wearing the same clothes (or naked if you're weighing at home).

Denise

I always weigh Wednesday mornings before food and try to keep off them all week by hiding the scales under the cabinet!

Good plan! It can be so tempting to keep hopping on them but it is so demoralising if you don't get the results you want. My friend also weighs in at home on a Wednesday and she always tells me that for her it has to be first thing, before food, naked and after she's been to the toilet!! Always makes me giggle x

Can anyone tell me how many syns quorn sausages are? I thought 1 syn each but just read somewhere they are free?!

They were free, then they changed them to 'the best recipe ever' these are 1 syn. If you see the new ones that are low fat, these are back to free :) xxx

Weigh in this morning and I just don't understand! I've eaten scan bran, not had any naughty days at all. Upped my syns and was expecting a good result. I've gained 2lbs!!!
What's going on?
I just can't seem to get good results. I'm beginning to think this diet doesn't suit me at all and perhaps it's all the carbs

Back