Help

PinksW

Day two and I already have problems.

Had all my water yesterday, a chocolate tetra made into a hot drink at lunch, then decided to have a soup followed by a mousse for dinner. Tried the spicy tomato...is it always that frothy and creamy or did I over blend it? It was disgusting. I made a butterscotch mousse and that didn't set properly and made me gag whilst I tried to eat it.

I was never expecting haute cuisine, but are all the sachets as vile? I dont know if I can afford to live on the tetras!

Wok 6 times to go to the loo last night...am shattered and have a stonking headache and I dont feel at all hungry. Have had two pints of water but cant face a sachet at the moment.

Sorry to be a moaning mini. Any ideas would be appreciated

Pinks
x:confused:

Sorry to hear you're having such a bad time sweetie!
All I can suggest is to stick with it. The headache will soon go and as for the getting up in the night to pee, try not to drink after about 7pm and you should be fine.
I know what you mean about the flavours of the shakes/soups but just keep trying them all and you should find at least a couple that you like, I live off the spicy tomato (yes it always has the froth) and chocolate mint mousse (YUMMY!).
It will get better soon you just have to find what suits you.
Good Luck.:hug99:

Well my first day i felt like i couldnt continue because the shakes were making me feel sick! I found them all vile. I actually found the soups all get frothy but I dont mind that too much still prefer not to have them

I switched to all tetras, but my CDC doesnt charge more for tetras so there is no extra expense in that for me.

Re the waking during the night are you drinking alot before bedtime, I drink at least 5 litres of water daily sometimes more, and I've not been up once during the night since starting. I stop drinking about 9pm and do tend to go to the loo a good few times before bedtime :)

The first few days are the hardest but I found once I got to day 5 things were much easier :)

Best of luck....

Day two and I already have problems.

You aren't alone :)

Had all my water yesterday, a chocolate tetra made into a hot drink at lunch, then decided to have a soup followed by a mousse for dinner. Tried the spicy tomato...is it always that frothy and creamy or did I over blend it? It was disgusting. I made a butterscotch mousse and that didn't set properly and made me gag whilst I tried to eat it.

I couldnt stand the spicy tomato for this reason, but CDC reckons i didnt make the paste bit before i added water.

Making the mousses is very hit and miss. Bung it in the freezer for 5-10 mins :)

I was never expecting haute cuisine, but are all the sachets as vile? I dont know if I can afford to live on the tetras!

I know how you feel. I went off everything except strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate tetras. Now i order 21 choc tetras per week :D. I suppose i just go through phases.

Have you tried adding about 9ice cubes to your packet, a dash of cold water and blending it? OR even sticking a choccy tetra on the freezer? Yummy!!

Wok 6 times to go to the loo last night...

Seriously advise youto stop drinking anything two hours before bed cos lack of sleep will drive you insane.
stonking headache
Believe it or not this is a good thing. The dreaded Carb headache - your body is just craving those bad sugars. Go look in the mirror and shout "bad bad body" then smack your bum :). Helps me! Alternatively (boring version), get yourself some chalky paracetamol, get a blanket and refuse to move from the sofa. You'll be bursting with energy next week matey.

I dont feel at all hungry. Have had two pints of water but cant face a sachet at the moment.
Not feeling hungry :clap: Brilliant stuff!!
Maybe try splitting each pack into 2 and having 6 smaller packs? Stick a peg on them and they will last about a day in dry conditions so you could really have 6 diff flavours a day, or try mixing them - like a bit of vanilla and a bit of choc.

Also, you can add coffee to some packs, or add packs to coffee. Vanilla works well both ways, as does chocolate.
How about having some of your packs warm??

Hope you feel better soon doll, it will get better i promise.

Love Leah xxx

I meant to say the headaches could be withdrawal from caffeine and that will pass in a few days :)

Leah thank you.
I'm sitting here crying now cos everyone is so kind! I would say I was premenstrual but thats just finished! I'm not usually like this at all.
I will snap out of it.
May just go and lay on my bed with the cat and let OH get on with it :eek:)
Pinks
x

PinksW, I know its difficult but getting through this first week is the toughest. What about trying out some more of the recipes from the sticky at the top of the page, I've still not mastered the mousse either, am going to try again today. My favourite soup is Leek & Potato or Thai Chilli, I don't take the shakes as I went off them early on. What about adding curry powder or other spices to your soups, if your having shakes make sure you blend them with ice cubes, it makes all the difference. If your really struggling, give your CDC a call and she might have some other ideas. It won't be long until you have the bars either. Stick with it.

Leah thank you.
I'm sitting here crying now cos everyone is so kind! I would say I was premenstrual but thats just finished! I'm not usually like this at all.
I will snap out of it.
May just go and lay on my bed with the cat and let OH get on with it :eek:)
Pinks
x

Bed with cat sounds great :) i would join you but both of mine prefer sittting ON my face in bed. And then they kind of "paw" me to get attention so overall not a very nice experience :).

This diet is HARD and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Why not go to the diary section and get your thoughts and feelings down hun?

Leah x

I couldnt stand the spicy tomato for this reason, but CDC reckons i didnt make the paste bit before i added water.

This doesnt make a difference I made them both ways and its exactly the same!

Flirty40greeneyes showed kitteh a way of making the soups without froth - im almost sure she did them on the hob! But a bit more water in to allow for evaporation.

Worth a try!

hi pinks.Once you get through this week you will be grand.The headaches and that will go soon enough.I hated all the sweet shakes but i found one/two of them to be nice and could have them iykwim. I usually stop drinking and aim to have all my water drank by 8.30/9pm so i dont be up its very annoying all the pee stops! You will get used to it though and i think as time goes by you dont even find yourself drinking the water.

Keep us posted on how your doing.
Becky x

hey pinks... i think everyone on this board has felt just like you do...

i dont like any of the soups except chicken and mushroom, and i only like choc mint, strawberry and banana shakes!

keep trying til you find your favourites. i have been living off my faves for 10 weeks now and not bored of them! love them...

the headaches are part of the bargain of losing weight 'fast' i afraid! no pain no gain...

just keep thinking how quickly this ketosis malarkey means you can shift the weight. its a good thing really!

keep going and i promise it gets easier x

Hey Pink!
Just wondered...were u making the tomato soup into a puree first?
You hav to get some cold water--just under quarter of a pint then add the powder to the water---very important to have water in first. Stir vigourosly with a fork and then add the boiling water up to just under 3/4 of a pint. and stir again. i looooooove the tomato soup its the only one i could stomach! also add lots of black pepper!
Unfortunately that and the choc tetras are the only things i like! But u should look up to the sticky thread with all the different recipes on it! I made crisps today and am going to make a choc muffin tonight and maybe choc fudge!
Hope this helps, im sure u'l find something u like as there is sooooo much choice!
x

sorry to hear that you are struggling with the diet, you are not alone i hated the shakes, so i went on to just the soups which were ok, but then i got fed up with those so now each day i have one bannana and one choc tetra frozen, i keep them in the freezer and take one out about an hour before i want it they go lovely and slushy and take a long time to eat,i also have a cranberry bar which i love i try to save it for the evening when im watching telly, it gives me a bit of something to look forward to, try and stick with it it does get easier especially when you can have a bar once a day

Back