help :(

lloydee

im in my first day of lipotrim, ive only had one shake and i started with the vanilla, i found it exceptionally horrid and actually gagged a few times, i found it so nasty i cant bring myself to drink the next one, and so its been like 10 hours since i had it.

what do i do?
i need some advice etc for me to carry on, i dont want to give up.

did anyone else feel like this on their first day?

all advice is much appreciated.

Alix xx

Hi Alix,

:welcome:

Welcome and I hope you will make yourself at home.

The reaction to the taste of the shakes is very normal.

The taste is the vitamins and minerals in them and this taste thankfully does go away and after awhile you can only taste the flavours...Honestly:) Otherwise I would not be able to drink them either.

The best thing to do is to divide up a pack into two and make one half up fresh and keep the other half for later.

You must consume within 15 to 20 minutes as some vitamins are water-soluble and will lose their nutritional value.

If you drink a glass of water before drinking the shake this will help to dilute the taste.

See how that goes...it will help stop you wasting a full pack.

You must have your three packs a day otherwise you will not stay healthy.

Hang in there!

Love Mini xxx

You can also add a spoon ful of coffee to the vanilla to make a nice latte!
Peppermint tea can be added to the chocolate to make mint hot chocolate
Ans wierdly enough paprika to the strawberry...never tried it, but some people like it xx
Also i have 1/2 pck of a shake with double the water to dilute the taste and add to the water intake xxxx Good luck x
It does get easier x

Add a couple of tablet sweeteners hun, that's what I have to do and once I've added them I think the shakes taste yummy :) (Before adding them I was gagging over them too so I know how you feel)

Keep with it Alix, it does get easier and you will probably find that you enjoy the shakes - when I first started I added loads of ice and that helps. I now only have the Choc shakes cos I love them above the others.

One bit of advice - avoid the flapjacks they are minging

thanks everyone!
ive just had my second one, not ideal the timing, but i did it!
i had the strawberry one, it was more managable than the vanilla!

i think i need to get me a blender so i can add ice etc.

peppermint tea? is that allowed?

im determined to stick to it, im only allowed to be on it for a max of 3 weeks because of ym age, so i think i can do it!

alix
xox

Peppermint tea is allowed i love it!!! 1st week i just held my nose and glugged then after a while there not too bad i do however live off choc shakes xxxx

im yet to try the choc ones!
i think il have the chocolate one as my last one of the day.
thanks again for the advice!

xxx

Chocolate is by far my favourite :D Yup, peppermint tea is fine, as is any pure leaf tea but none with fruits, flowers or berries in it. Glad you found the strawberry easier to take, Mini is absolute right when she says that after a while they do become much tastier as you get used to them! :)

thankyouu, im looking forward to the peppermint tea now! think il go and buy some tomorrow
i can usually only drink tea an coffee when theyre dead milky an sweet though, butttt who knows i may like it!

i just cant wait for the result!

xxxx

hi Alix, well done anyway for starting LT...im not a lover of the shakes either..this week will be a hard week to put in but trust me, at your first weigh in it will be sooo worth it...i lost 12 pounds in 5 days...but saying that everyone is different..but look around this site, alot of people lose nearly a stone on there first week..
If you need help or any questions don't be afraid to ask people on this site...there all great and nice and were all here for the same reason..
keep it up

on my first week i found it easier to sook it through a straw it sort of by -passed the taste buds ! by the second week i was loving the taste you soon start to enjoy them

does it help then putting more than 250ml of water in? beause it does taste quite powdery!
iv asked for loads of overtime in work for this week so im keeping myself busy, and iv cancelled all night out so im not tempted!

thanks for all the adviceee ;D

btw what is the soup like?

then again, im not a lover of normal soup but anyone tried it anyway?
:)
xxxx

Wait for the answers from the nutters who like the slug killer...err i mean soup!!!
I use 500mls of water with mine..always have always will and if you like milky coffee, i would definately give the vanilla latte one a whirl xx

Just vanilla shake with spoon of coffee added I used to heat mine up add about 400mls of water so its not too thick xxxxxxxxx

Wack either half or a full shake into a blender/ electris cake mixer/ smoothie maker ....add coffee 1 or 2 spoonfuls (depends on your taste) hot water and whizz... you may want to put a towel over the top so it doesnt spit put at you xxx
If you dont have a blender or anything...YET ... make vanilla into a paste with a whisk add coffee and hot water and swizz till you can swizz no more!!!

thankyouuuuu, i think il try all these new ways tomorrow!
and buy myself a blender, i have a smoothie maker, is that okay to use?

xxxx

I would say so if it blends as well! How much water u putting in ya shakes hun as i found the more water the easier they are to drink

Back