Help!!!

ladylipo

Silver Member
Hi everyone! Well iv been cal counting now since may before that i was on LT for 7 weeks, when istarted cal counting i wouldnt allow myself any more than 1000 cals mst days it'd be in the 900's :eek:
All this week it seems im on self distruct :mad: im good one day (1000 cals) then the next im scoffing chips and chocolate :(
Iv gained 4 lbs but i refuse to update my ticker cos ten its real isnt it! I need this weight off asap!
I do tybo every single morning followded by about 800 sit ups sometimes more!

Need some help and advice cos i feel like im going crazy :(

You would find it easier to be more consistent with your calorie intake if you raised it a bit. 1000 is very low especially considering how low your bmi is now. If you went up to about 1200 - 1500 the last bit of weight would come off more slowly, but it would be more likely to stay off, and at the moment you are in danger of getting yourself into a really negative frame of mind just for the sake of a quicker weight loss.
If you are exercising everyday on so few calories you are really in danger of damaging yourself, please be careful!

You're setting yourself up for a fall eating so little! Trust me- I speak from experience! The average adult female needs 1200cals a day to function- any less than that and the body will start breaking down muscle, tissue, etc. to 'feed' itself. If you consistently eat so little your body will adjust to getting that amount of food and if you EVER go over it you'll start to gain again- what you need to do is slowly up your cals until you can maintain on a set amount (Roughly 1800-2000cals depending on size, activity level etc.) and maintain that amount for a while so your body knows you're not going to 'starve' it again. Then you can either up your exercise or drop your cals a bit to lose any extra weight. I'm in the process of doing this after YEARS of yo-yo'ing and abusing my metabolism and its hard (have gained 7lbs in 7wks, but maintained for the last two), and taking a longggg time, but I'm determined to be able to eat like a normal person one day! No-one should be overweight eating less than 1800cals a day!

Tanx for that reply, im back eating properly today hmmm still too low on the cals tho!!!
I seem to go one way or the other either pig myself silly with food or starve myself there dosent seem to be any middle ground for me!
Im battling an eating disorder and its not easy iv my good days and bad! Hopefully im getting there ;)

Me too, though I really think I'm getting there? I'm seeing that I can eat food and not gain lbs & lbs! LOL!
I find it helps if I plan out a few days meals & get the stuff I need so I don't end up snacking on cr*p and blowing my daily cals, although this isn't usually my problem- eating enough is! LOL!
I don't want food to rule my life anymore, and if I can lose the weight then eat like 1800cals a day to maintain then I'll be very happy!

Ditto on the ED too.
I'm trying to just accept my weight as it is for the time being and maintain, to keep myself sane.
I would eventually like to lose another 7-14lbs, but at the moment I realise that would make me become rather unbalanced if I started to restrict too much.
I'm planning on losing it slowly by increasing the calories I burn through exercise, and still eating plenty to keep myself healthy and a bit happier! :)

I'm trying to just accept my weight as it is for the time being and maintain, to keep myself sane.

I'm planning on losing it slowly by increasing the calories I burn through exercise, and still eating plenty to keep myself healthy and a bit happier! :)
That sounds like a plan to me! ;)

I decided that instead of my weightloss ticker, I'd have a 'behaving myself' ticker!
I'm nearly up to a month of 100% being sensible about my eating. It doesn't seem that long I suppose, but to me it's a bit of a milestone! I usually flit from one unhelpful frame of mind to the next, swapping diets, and moods, from day to day!
Being sensible is the way forward... :)

Back