Slimming world not working, why? help? EE and Red days :(

It is disheartening when you don't get the loss you expect, however I've tried to go into this diet with a positive attitude, any loss be it 0.5lb is better than a gain.

I'm trying to change my eating habits for life, not just til I've lost weight. Dieting takes patience.

1lb a week is 52lbs a year, is 3 stone 10lbs!

i think you will feel negative and disheartened by putting to much pressure on yourself.

Ha! I just actually lolled at your username, title underneath AND your avatar :D I have that pic on my fridge :)

Yes, the consultant said the food diary is great. She says to stick at it.

I aim to please...:D

If your food diary is good then it could be due to some other factors. If you have changed from one slimming plan to another? SW can take a while to kick in. Are you exercising as this can have an effect and sometimes slows down the loss to begin with. You don't have a lot to lose and this sometimes makes things slow. Are you following EE?

Feel free to post your food diaries on here too, we will all have a look and give you our feedback as well :)

Thanks, Jeanne. I won't hijack twin89's thread but will maybe start my own thread with food diary etc. depending on how tomorrow's weigh in goes. :)

hi Twin89 I agree that 2 lb a week is a healthy weight loss not too drastic at all.When doing slimming world in the past I found the weeks I ate extra lean mince a lot I either had a very small loss or nothing at all or even a gain,even though some foods are free I do believe that some people just cant eat too much of certain foods.Im doing ee at home but also restrict my calories on 2 days too,some people frown upon this but it works for me & I feel more in control not overeating as with free foods I tend to eat far too much just because you can! Goodluck xx

sorry if i came across rude - wasnt intended. weigh in last night i lost 3.5lb...but this was 2 weeks worth as i never made weigh in last week as was * week an i didnt wana see the gain that * week can do lol....so 3.5lb in 2 weeks in fantastic! and im really happy with it

i do understand what you ladys are sayin...but i just wanted to be sure that there wasnt something i was missing that was causing the slow loses, but obvs its just my body losing at its own pace, and id prefer it to come off naturally rather then really quick with fad diets an crash diets "lose a stone in a week" crap lol

i was just really hopin for 2lb a week but i supose il jsut have to embrace what my body loses- and only lastnight did i count up and of the 0.5lb an 1lb loses and realised just how much i have lost..... a total of ..... 1 stone 5 lb ..since 6th december ...so thats great!!!... not until you add up all of the small amounts that you realise it all counts

i work as a Head Rep for a Tour Operator abroad but i chose to come home this winter to get fit as its really hard with my job - its 24 hours round the clock ...out on the go all day! back an forward to airport all day an hotels then eveing is guding bar crawls ect...so lots of alcohol aha!

but with my job it is easy to maintain weight and i did that this summer - eat clean in the day- And so the alcohol in the evening kind of weighed it self out meaning i never gained anymore weight this summer.....

but doin SW has shown me so many easy ways to put meals together an now i know which amount of certain foods i need ect....an althjough when im abroad i cant have home cooked meals...i will know what foods i can have on the go ect

so this is defo a lifestyle change for me for good- as i never want to put weight on again! iv always been slim size 10....and when i came home this year after 4 years overseas i reached a size 16 !.....im down to a size 14 so far....hopefully i will be down to a 12 by time i go away in april

so again sorry if i came across rude - im just frustrated that i only have till april till i go away again and i guess i was hoping to be a size 10 again....but thats not gonna happen the natural way and i refuse to do a fad diet!

im going to start some exersize this week too :)

only thing is saturday is my bday so im going london with all my rep friends from around the world im going to have a EE day that as were going for lunch first so i can order like jacket potato or something........iv saved my syns all week in the hope that the wine i drink on sat night dont cause for a gain lol

iv already got my hangover food sorted - gona make homemade nandos chicken, pitta, salad an syn the nandos sauce an mayo--- rather then my usualy "chicken shish kebab" on a hangover lol

so hopefully i wont gain this week....fingers crossed....why does wine have to be syns!! ahah xxx

I agree that you are being hard on yourself and unrealistic in your expectations. Most, if not all, of the people who have responded are seasoned SWers, so you are getting knowledgable replies.

Yes. people do have the occassional big loss - particularly very heavy people - but you should also bear in mind that a loss of 1-2lbs a week is considered healthy. If you lose more than this, particularly regularly, you run the very real risk of losing muscle and not fat and this is detrimental to your health.

As has already been explained, fast off often equates to fast back because you (the generic you) have not learned to permanently alter the way of eating and return to the old pattern which is why the weight was gained in the first place.

If the most important thing is to reach your target by the date you have in mind, then perhaps you should move to another diet. However, if you can accept a higher weight, but keeping healthy and learning to manage food in a sustainable way, then stick with SW.

Don't forget about exercise if you're aiming for a certain dress size. It makes a huge different even if the scales don't register a significant loss.

I'm going to start doing a work out DVD every night it's a cardio one ... Managed 20 mins other day it's so hard. Lol

Going to aim at 30 mins every evening ..what u think? X

I'm on day 7 of the 30 day squat challange .... But there's 2 isn't there? Mine pretty short only like day 1 is 15 then days 2 is 20 ect

The other one is like day one 20 then 60 then 75 then 20 seems soo hard lol

What one do you do?... I might try the hard one x

I would recommend the 30 day shred - its brilliant for fast results.

Was just about to suggest the same! I've just started back doing it this week! If you want the whole thing (3 x 20 min workouts) it's only £5 online, or level 1 (which is enough in itself to see you through the 30 days) is on you-tube.

It is tough, but only 20mins and like Ellebear says if you do it at least 5 times a week, then you can see a huge difference!

So on YouTube is it the same 20 min work out that you do everyday ? Thanks ladys I'm gona start tomoro xx

When I did it last time I just did that workout five days a week and saw brilliant results.

I think it's meant to be that you progress through the three workouts on the dvd over 30 days, so do level 1 for 10 days, 2 for the next 10 days and then 3 for the last 10 days. But like I said I just did level one and did really well with it alone.

Good luck with the shred - by day 3 I couldn't bend my knees as I was aching so much. No pain no gain though..........

Back