Help!!

natters

Hey everyone,

I'm really really struggling tonight!! It sounds weird but I can't stop thinking about domino's pizza!! everytime I think about it my stomach growls, I'm not hungry but i think it's a psychological craving thing that my mind is tricking my body into wanting it!! it's cos i saw an advert for one on TV earlier! I've been brainwashed haha!! My parents are away so I'm home alone and every time I was in on my own at weekend before starting LT I would 'compensate' for my night in alone with a takeaway, wine and chocolate/ice cream while watching a film. This week I have just rented myself the DVD without the 'treats' but I am SO tempted to get in the car and drive for pizza!! its my 3rd weigh-in tomorrow and I thought i was past all these cravings!! i really don't want to let myself down but i feel weak :( please help!!

I hear you girl, your brain has to be reprogrammed it is movie nght and all you are having is the movie, your rain expects the other routine, get through this night and I promise the next time you do it it will be better, this diet is also about breaking habits and what I realise is most of them are actually programmed into my mind, snacking in the evening, something with a cuppa, cake with coffe at a cafe etc.

Win this one for yourself, show your brain you are stronger
xx

I think I saw the same advert and it did look good!

Your weigh in is tomorrow, same as me, just think how good it will be if you don't give in. You can do this, you've done it up to now. If you get through tonight you have overcome one of your bad habits from before, the comfort eating. I used to do that when I was by myself too. Sad isn't it.

Keep going and your loss will be great tomorrow. Look forward to seeing it on here tomorrow.

Hi natters,
hope your still feeling ok and resisting that temptation. It is so true what the others have said we are all ruled by our habits. I am hoping that by the time I get to the end of this diet I will have broken these and have a healthy attitude to what I eat. You have a massive 11 lb lost and 3 more will take you to your second goal. Go for it, will be rooting for you at your weigh in tomorrow. Enjoy the movie.
Doirin

I have to say when you feel like this there is only one thing for it.....have a lovely soak in the bath and go to bed :( boring and antisocial I know but your'll feel great in the morning that you have overcome the urge and to see week 3 weigh in results!

Hey Natters
Firstly lock your doors and hide your car keys
Next get a large bottle of water - pyjamas on
Put DVD on and think of all the lbs you WILL lose at your WI.

I know how you r feeling coz I've been there as probably most of us have so hang in there x:)

Thanks for the support guys! :) i resisted!! once i had put the DVD on i forgot all about the pizza and kept sipping my fizzy water and i was fine!! and you're right, i feel so great this morning that i beat the craving and i'm looking forward to my WI today!! :D

HI natters and good on you for resisting!! That in itself will really motivate you - you said no and you listened to your head!

This diet is about retraining your brain and palate. We need to stop associating movie night with all the trimmings, we need to stop associating Friday nights out with getting legless and having a kebab; we need to stop associating a pizza with garlic bread, onion rings, chicken dippers and a tub of ice cream...

I'm so pleased for you that you didn't give in. Give yourself a pat on the back :)

Back