Helpfull SW Books

Hi everyone.

Sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone please tell me how much the food directory is sold for at classes? I'm starting tonight and just want to make sure i take enough cash with me to buy it. Also, are there any other books that anyone would recommend to buy from class?

Many thanks

Mine was £7.50, MUCH cheaper than the £15+ they go for on Ebay!!:sigh:

I wouldn't say I reccomend any one book, they ALL have some really good recipes in them.

I have the "Free foods" recipe book and that has some really nice stuff. But I also have a sauces one, which comes in really handy.

It's a directory of syn values for branded and non-branded foods that SW produces annually. Problem is that it is out-of-date pretty much as soon as it hits the shelves because syn values are updated and products come and go.

I think the directories are great , unless you have internet access .. then you really dont need it ! On the SW site all branded and non brnaded stuff is there and it is updated much more regularly than the directory .
I think the recipe books are great and I use the Extra easy , one pot , curry ones most :)
Also find some great recipes in the SW mag and on here :)

If you are joining class you will have access to the website and will be able to see the syns online section with all that info.

I would say IMO spend your money on a good recipe book rather than one of these.

I have never looked at the food directory in 6 months of doing sw so its not IMO a neccessity :eek:

I agree with soccermom - bought one to when i started for £7.50 and havent even looked at it due to the website!

I do use mine because when I'm in the kitchen I don't have internet access, so it's easier just to look in the book if I need to, although most times I plan my meals ahead and then I'd just use the online syns/ calculator.

I have the feasts for a fiver book which is great as I have a family of four to feed!

There are normally loads of recipies laying about on a table so take a notepad and pen and jot down any that take your fancy!

This website and the SW website are also great to get recipies from.

Good luck at your first meeting tonight - hope you enjoy it! x

Back