Step 1 Sole Source Herbal/fruit tea question

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi peeps,

I have an enquiry about herbal/fruit teas while sole sourcing.

It's day one for me today and my trying to help hubby (bless him) has bought me a mound of boxes of different flavoured teas!

I wanted to check whether I could have them, because I don't want to be battling with ketosis!

• Camomile
  • Camomile and honey
  • Lime and Ginger
  • Elderberry and Echinacea

I'll happily take them back and swap them if there are no go areas.

Thanks for your help in advance

My understanding is that you cannot. You may be able to have the camomile, but I'm 99% sure the ones with fruit are a no no. Regular tea and coffee are ok though. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! :-(

This question comes up a lot. It used to be that you couldn't have fruit or flower teas under Cambridge but a while back they changed the rules and you can have any tea you want now. Some Cambridge consultants still advise not to but the from the top advice is yes you can. So fill your boots! Hubby has indeed been helpful.

Wonderful - thank you !

This question comes up a lot. It used to be that you couldn't have fruit or flower teas under Cambridge but a while back they changed the rules and you can have any tea you want now. Some Cambridge consultants still advise not to but the from the top advice is yes you can. So fill your boots! Hubby has indeed been helpful.

My consultant also advised that the most recent guidance allows fruit teas now. That said, I've tended to check if they have hidden sugars or similar, like concentrated fruit juices or things like barley malt or carob. I've not had my beloved chocolate tea because that stuff is so good it can't be 'good'!

Ooooooo really? Even though they contain citric acid? I shall have to investigate this! I like fruit tea :)

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

This is what I thought, the citric acid knocked you out of ketosis.

I think I will avoid the fruity ones just incase.

Ooooooo really? Even though they contain citric acid? I shall have to investigate this! I like fruit tea :)

I've had mint lime with no damage to my ketosis, but we're all different.

Tiggemma, the choc tea is really delicious. I've seen some threads about it on here. However, it has carob and I think barley malt in the ingredients dec so I've avoided. Sometimes it's really helpful that I work in food labelling!

I think we are all different with the citric acid thing but I've not had any issues with it. Not all of the fruit ones have the acid or the sugars. Just check the label if unsure.

Well, post Cambridge I might be looking at that chocolate tea!

I'm hitting up asda tomorrow to check this out! This excites me! Lol

They're allowed, saw it on FB a while back, just need to monitor it really...

I had fruit tea the whole time... Well until I was sick of it... Without consequence :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Attachments

• 1399733056684.jpg
    1399733056684.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 111
I'm not having loads but I am having 1 a day. I'm quite happy with peppermint tea but it makes a pleasant change :) thanks for sharing that hun, really helpful

Back