Here goes, its NOW or Never!!!!!

donz81

Started SW a week ago and OMG!!!!! Guys, I think I may have found the plan for me.

Ive been overweight ever since I gave birth to my 1st child Harry 9 yrs ago. Before falling pregnant I was a very trim and petite size 8-10. Through pregnancy you know how it is "eating for 2" and all that, well I piled on the pounds and gave birth to a very healthy gorgeous 10lb 2 1/2 baby boy. Lara followed almost 2 yrs to the exact date after that. (she was 10lb) and then along came Keane (again almost 2 yrs to the day 8lb.13) and lastly 22 months after Keane along came Scott (7lb.14) With 4 young children and a hubby to look after I didnt really have any "ME" time so joining a gym was one of the last things on my mind. Also after seeing to packed lunches, school uniforms and the kids tea I didnt feel like cooking again, it was much easier to order a take away.

Over the yrs the pounds piled on, Clothes sizes went up but I always kept telling myself "I wasnt THAT big" Yes I did try dieting but I wanted to lose the weight now not over a year. I did the Cambridge diet for 2 months but I was so miserable, food was all I could think about. My hubby always told me he loved me no matter what my shape and size so I took that as a good enough reason to stop the diet, carry on how I was and NOT to do something about it.

I was in denial for a very long time but it finally hit me when I was ironing a pair of my trousers and the leg width was the same width as the ironing board. I couldnt believe it and I think it was that, that finally gave me the push I needed to give Slimming World a go.

Anyway, now my lovely little tinkers are all at school and nursery, the time has finally come for me to get my backside in gear and loose the weight that has made me unhappy for yrs. The plan seems so easy to follow and Im allowed all the food I love. I really think this could be it. Ive only had one weigh in but have already lost 5lb!!!!!:)
I have joined a gym and plan on going 3 to 4 times a week. I had my induction yesterday and was quite impressed but how much I could do, I came out feeling happy and couldnt wait to go back. I have been doing 70 mins on the wii fit at home the past week and I plan to keep that up and do it on the days I dont make it to the gym or an aerobics/zumba class. It might sounds daft but after a week of wii fit and a 5lb loss I already feel healthier and fitter. Im hoping for a 2lb loss nxt wk so I get my 1st half a stone sticker so WATCH THIS SPACE :)

Congratulations on making the decision to get onto SW and get slinky :)

I love it to and i've been doing the Wii Fit every day (where possible) for 45 - 60 minutes :) It has made me feel 'bouncy' almost if you get my drift?!

Good luck with your journey

x

Back