Here goes, this is VERY honest, but needs to be said

I just wanted to thank all of you for your kind wishes, and support. I am completely overwhelmed. I am sure that with people around me like you guys I will have everything I need to suceed. Two shakes down today and don't feel too bad, just the witching hour to worry about, it also doesnt help that I am running a bed and breakfast in Le Mans, France and that this weekend is the 24 hour car race and we are full up with guests wanting to eat, drink and be merry. I don't believe in doing things the easy way do I? However, it was important for me to start today because Tuesday was my birthday and yesterday was my wedding anniversary and I want to give both myself and my marriage a new start, so today had to be the day. Thanks once again.

Thats brilliant that you have made such a big decision and are following it through. It must have been a very scarey decision to make and I admire your courage for stepping up xx

Hi,
Agree with Liz... You sound like you are in the right frame of mind - I think that's the biggest hurdle of all.
I [was] a big wine drinker - and actually don't miss it - knowing that you absolutely can't drink when in ketosis put the fear of god up me :eek:
Good luck (from someone who can't normally get past day 2 of a diet... and is now on day 14 ... Yippee)

Hi hun.
Well done and congratulations for making such a public announcement of your plans. That is definately showing your determination and desire!!!
As has previously been said, at the first sign of a wobble, get yourself on here and someone will be around to talk you through it!
I am in my 4th week of CD and doing fine at it, not one slip up (yet!) lol.
And if you need any help with the drinking issue, give me a shout for some hints and tips. My partner gave up drinking last october, and believe me he was drinking a LOT more than you!!!!!!!
I wish you lots of luck, and please keep us updated with all your progress

Just wanted to echo the sentiments already expressed and say how brave you are taking on both these major challenges. This diet is tough, its works like a dream, but it is bluddy tough. However, after those first few days it will get better for you, especially as those scales edge further downwards on an almost daily basis. I am ont sure about the wine, the tips I was given for avoiding those mega cravings would hold true I am sure! My worst time is at night, after work. I fund plenty of hot bubbly baths, reading , tv, any kind of distraction really helped, particularly when getting into ketosis. And theres always the rest of here to talk to if you need to get away from it all!

It is great to welcome you here, and I really wish you every success!!

Hello and welcome,

I am a bit late in reading your post but I just want to give you my support as well. There is nothing new I can add just that I pull my hat to you for being brave and tackling those 2 huge challenges at the same time.
No one on here will shy away and I'm sure if there was negative comments from someone they would be chased off this board.
Come on here whenever you need help and support. We're all with you all the way and you will succeed.

Loads of luck and hugs

XXX

I too would like to say welcome and best of luck on your CD journey. There will be many of us reading your thread that can relate to how easy and acceptable it is to have a glass of wine in the evening without thinking of the longer term effects. I enjoyed my wine and have to say that i did not miss it at all.
You'll get tons of support here anytime you need it.:grouphugg:

Hi, I wish you well and will be looking for your posts. I'm starting CD on 2nd July (need to get a holiday out of the way first) and will be giving up alcohol and starting a single life as my OH wants to split. I know if you can do it so can I. Watch this space...........and GOOD LUCK

welcome hope springs. sounds like you are going through a tough time too. good luck and have a fabulous holiday!!

abz xx

Hi everyone, I have been hoverring here for a few weeks and have contacted a CDC who has supplied me with my first two weeks of products, I am about to have my first shake after this post. Today is the day.

However, I also have an additional hurdle, I believe that I am also alcohol dependent to a certain extent. Not a raging alcoholic or anything like that, but I have drank nearly every night for many years (a bottle of red wine or so) and if I am being honest with myself it is always the alcohol that has scuppered my attempts to lose weight.

So, I have taken the bull by the horns and been to my docs to ask for help. She has given me some mild sedatives to help me through the first few days and a drug called antabuse (frightened me to death cos I thought this was for real all day drinker alcys), she said that it will just ensure that I CANNOT drink alcohol, so it takes away the choice (wouldn't it be great if there was something that did this with food as well). She also said that if I did drink even a small amount I would be violently ill. It is my choice if I take the tablet every day, but it is an additional crutch to help me on my way.

So here goes, the first tablet has just gone and I am off for my first shake.

I hope you guys will still support me through this (I know it is a bit of a different case and some may shy away from me because of it), but I really need your support more than ever.

Just writing it down and admitting it to others is a huge relief, and I really feel that armed with the help of my docs, the CD diet and the support of you guys that this time will be it! I am very scared, but at the same time soooooo excited.

:Hug99:

I wish you the very best of luck and love xxxxxxx

well done for being so brave. admitting you have a problem is hard and the first step to tackling it. before i started this diet i too would easily drink a bottle of wine to myself most nights and it would barely have an effect. i wasnt drinking to get drunk but i enjoy wine and i think i too was enjoying it a bit too often :) you have asked your gp for help and that takes a hell of alot of guts and shows your strength. im sure that you will find it alot easier that you think not to have your wine every night and i hope you feel proud of yourself for what you are doing because you should.

good luck sweetie and come on here whenever you need support because there are lots of lovely people on here who will be more than happy to give it to you

Hi Slimmerwithin, I admire your honesty, particularly in admitting it to yourself. I totally relate to what you say. I too drank a bottle of wine practically every night for the past few years, sometimes finished off with a nightcap of whisky. I think I would described as one of the middle classes that drink alcohol that they go on about in the news, people who put their kids to bed and then open a bottle of wine because of a stressful job etc. Anyway, when I made the decisiosn to do CD I knew I couldn't drink and amazingly that part has been the easiest bit of CD for me!!! I don't have the desire to have a drink. Wish I could feel the same way about food! I have had planned cheats but is has been the not so planned ones that are dangerous because it is easy to go off piste. If I can give up the alcohol I think you will be fine too and of course the support on here will get you through and time you feel you may falter. Certainly helps me get back on track.

Well done for facing up to your demons and good luck with your journey. I also like to have a drink most evenings but instead have now started taking more care of me! I now spend the time going through a new skincare regime and giving myself a manicure and pedicure. Also takes may mind off not having food AND alcohol. You sound very determined I I am sure you will succeed.

I can only echo what everyone else has said, you are really brave to be starting this, and that once you start you won't miss the wine or food at all (mind you, I still think about it on a Fri / Sat eve:eek: !:))
Best wishes and keep posting.:)

Hello slimmerwithin,
just a note to say that (like all the others) I think you've made a great choice and I'll be rooting for you :)
Looking forward to hearing how you get on.
k_o

Thank you so much for all your words of encouragement, I was so scared to post this, but am so glad I did. Just an update, not touched a drop and stuck to it 100%. Not even thought about the wine, apart from last night when my Dad said to me, oh it is 6 o'clock time for a glass of wine, do you want one? duh!!!!

Back